Hi !
I noticed, AFAIK, that RadASM doesn't add a shorcut to the *recents files opened* ("recents" ?) directory...
It would be nice to implement this (at least for the .rap files).

Thanks...
Posted on 2002-02-15 01:08:02 by JCP
Hi Readiosys

Yes it would be nice. It does if you dbl click on a .rap file in the explorer. Anybody knows how to put a shortcut into the recent folder?

KetilO
Posted on 2002-02-15 02:53:33 by KetilO
To create shorcut you have to use COM (IShellLink) if I remember well...

Maybe some code has been posted on the forum... otherwise, tell me, I have a C snippet to create a shortcut...

The recent directory can be retrieved via some APIs (sorry, don't remember the name and I don't find anything right now... but I seem to remember an API able to retrieve all the "special" directories) or via Registry (dirty way, though)...
Posted on 2002-02-15 16:53:26 by JCP
Hi Readiosys

To get the recent folder is simple, but how to create a shortcut, this I don't know. Post your C code and let me see if it makes any sense to me.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-02-15 18:02:11 by KetilO
Don't bother with that... it is more complex

I finally found the API I was looking for :

SHAddToRecentDocs

Adds a document to the Shell's list of recently used documents or clears all documents from the list.

VOID SHAddToRecentDocs(
UINT uFlags,
LPCVOID pv
);

Parameters
uFlags
Flag that indicates the meaning of the pv parameter. This flag can be one of the following values: SHARD_PATH The pv parameter points to a null-terminated string with the path and file name of the object.
SHARD_PIDL The pv parameter points to an an ITEMIDLIST structure (PIDL) that identifies the document's file object. PIDLs that identify nonfile objects are not allowed.

pv
A pointer to either a NULL terminated string with the path and file name of the document, or a PIDL that identifies the document's file object. Set this parameter to NULL to clear all documents from the list.
Remarks
In addition to updating its list of recent documents, the Shell adds a shortcut to the user's Recent directory (CSIDL_RECENT) and the Start menu's Documents submenu.

Do you still want the snippet for educational purposes ?
Posted on 2002-02-15 18:05:15 by JCP
Thanks Readiosys

Looks simple enough.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-02-15 18:13:29 by KetilO