It is the policy of the forum that beginners are welcome here and there are many very good programmers who are members of the forum that are willing to help beginners where they can so don't be afraid to post questions, even if you think they may be too simple.

This is the right place to post questions, we have a "Holy War" forum for "REALLY SERIOUS" :) arguments, flaming and general debate so you don't have to worry about it in here. We have all had to learn assembler the hard way and we know how much work you are doing to make the effort to learn asm so the questions about how to get basic things going are normal sensible ones.

Among the programmers who are members of this forum you have graphics expertise, games design, algorithm design, generic data munchers, device driver experience and the list goes on and on so if you have a question about something you are learning, post it so the members can try and help you.

We would like to hear from you so please register and post a "HELLO" so we know you are there.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au (resident geriatric code generator)
Posted on 2001-07-25 20:17:56 by hutch--
:alright: I couldn't agree with you more, although I'm not a beginner in the strict sense of the word; I've been programming under DOS for 15 years and can reel off most of the DOS & BIOS interrupt calls from the top of my head. I've started programming using Masm32 only just recently and it's a completely different ballgame, the help I've had so far is really good, tips & nudges in the right direction etc. so i can recommend this site to anyone no matter what previous experience they may have,

Mel
Posted on 2001-07-26 01:56:49 by Mel
Hello

as a newbie who cant read good english ,i have problems to find out how some thing is called and so i got the problem to find infos about it.

often my postings must look very funny when i try to descripe my problems.
but after all i got help here.... :alright:

so all other newbies ,dont be afraid.
when a monkey like me got answers...then im shure you gotthem too :)

also start now registering here.

cu
Posted on 2001-07-26 02:28:06 by CodeMonkey
well monkey, i guess you're right. nice forum, i like it.
Posted on 2001-07-26 21:40:12 by zireaska
Zireaska, Thats seriously a cool avitar!

NaN
:stupid: .. feeling not as unque at the moment :P
Posted on 2001-07-26 22:17:41 by NaN
yes NaN, female are always like that. and thank for the compliment.
Posted on 2001-07-28 16:21:14 by zireaska
This place did help me with many things.
Maybe when i am more experienced at MASM i can help ohter people too.
Posted on 2001-08-01 20:59:31 by SubHuman
Folks,

Glad to see that we are getting new members to register but we are not hearing from many yet, use this topic to say "Hi" to everybody, no reason to be shy, we are more or less friendly (grrrrrrr), well mannered (burrrrp !) and inbetween bouts of sleeping sickness (ZZZZZzzzzz_____) more or less willing to help other programmers shovel through the stuff that we had to do to learn assembler.

Now if you think of the collective age of our members, we have between us asked more silly questions that you are going to ask in a life time so don't be afraid to ask about something that you are working on or trying to learn, its only a silly question if you think it is and DON'T ask it.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au :alright:
Posted on 2001-08-02 01:54:59 by hutch--
Hey ho, I just wanted to burp.
Posted on 2001-08-02 21:05:29 by f0dder
hi there,

just found this msgb and already
found a lot of intresting infos

i am working on a StrongARM disassembler/hex editor
for Compaq iPAQ PDA, of course will be 1oo% Win32ASM

big thanks to
hutch - Masm32 package
Iczelion - loved the tutorials
everybody - for sharing info&ideeas

keep up the good work
TBD

ps. hiro: can you add a forum for RadASM, i would like
to see discussion on the subject in one place not scatterd around. thanks
Posted on 2001-08-03 17:01:14 by TBD

hi there,

just found this msgb and already
found a lot of intresting infos

i am working on a StrongARM disassembler/hex editor
for Compaq iPAQ PDA, of course will be 1oo% Win32ASM

big thanks to
hutch - Masm32 package
Iczelion - loved the tutorials
everybody - for sharing info&ideeas

keep up the good work
TBD

ps. hiro: can you add a forum for RadASM, i would like
to see discussion on the subject in one place not scatterd around. thanks

everyone always bitches at me that there are too many forums :tongue:, also if I add one for 1 project then how could I refuse another?
Posted on 2001-08-05 12:40:28 by Hiroshimator
Well, only add a forum if there's enough support for it.. a forum with
a single post or two would be a bit stupid, but if RadASM is/becomes
large, why not add a forum?
Posted on 2001-08-05 12:46:22 by f0dder

0100 B80040 MOV AX,4000
0103 B701 MOV BX,0001
0105 B90D00 MOV CX,000D
0108 BA0E01 MOV DX,010F
010B CD21 INT 21
010D C3 RET
010F 48 65 6C 6C 6F 20 57 6F 72 6C 64 0D 0A Hello World..

Hiro,
   What about having:

Assemblers -> A86
FAsm
MAsm
NAsm
RadAsm
TAsm
WAsm
Etc.Asm
Posted on 2001-08-08 05:18:03 by eet_1024
what do you mean eet_1024?
Posted on 2001-08-08 16:36:49 by Hiroshimator
Example, Under General you have:

General -> Main -> Iczelion's tutorials
Recruitment
MASM32
Algorithms & Source Code

It might be a good idea (or a bad one?) to have sub forums for assembler specific questions. Also it could be a place for people to post examples for others.
Posted on 2001-08-08 20:13:34 by eet_1024
Eet, I personally think there are enough forums already. Face it,
masm has the largest user amount. Too many forums will make one
loose the big picture, I'm afraid.
Posted on 2001-08-08 20:34:29 by f0dder
Like I said, it could be a good thing or a Bad. I think it goes along with having lots of icons on the desktop. It's a matter of preference for organizing. It's still up to Hiro; he's the one that will be doing the work.

I'm rather neutral on it. Part of my post was showing how it might look and be used if implemented. Either way, I'll still be using the forum.

Hiro,
   Can you extend the time period that threads are considered active (ie. When I click the View new posts link)? Maybe to a full 24 Hours.
Posted on 2001-08-09 01:52:17 by eet_1024
hello everyone.

im new to assembly. a good graphics artist, a good 3d artist, and a begining C++ programmer. i am a comp freak :)
Posted on 2001-08-12 12:41:19 by Samith
Guys,

Could we keep this topic for new members and programmers who are starting in assembler. We have many forums for many different things and policy matters, new forums and the like have their place but in a topic dedicated to new members, this is not the place.

We want new members to feel comfortable when they come here and this topic is a way for people to let us know they have joined and say "Hi" to everyone.

It is easy enough to make a new topic i any of the forums to have these matters heard so please leave this topic for new members.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-08-12 20:02:26 by hutch--
Just joined the group today. Very impressed so far. I just came across MASM32 a few days ago and through my help file and tutorial reading I was led here and am glad of it!!. I am new to PC assemmbly. I am an experienced Z80 assembly programmer and also a game programmer guru. I want to learn PC assembly and hope that this site will be my conscience.

Also, I am a Windows App programmer, so I am very enthusiastic about learning MASM and PC assembly

thanx guys
Posted on 2001-08-13 14:53:26 by Rock