How would i go about making a program to disable mouse clicking on a WIN XP machine. The program has to have a text box where you enter a password and then you click okay or whatever then it keeps you from clicking unless you enter the correct password. Is this possible in ASM? If so could someone post? Any help is appreciated.
Posted on 2002-02-19 18:22:43 by resistance_is_futile

How would i go about making a program to disable mouse clicking on a WIN XP machine. The program has to have a text box where you enter a password and then you click okay or whatever then it keeps you from clicking unless you enter the correct password. Is this possible in ASM? If so could someone post? Any help is appreciated.

Hi resistence,
well i've to say that i've not winxp atm and so i'm not sure
if what i'm going to say is right even there
U should try to set a hook on the mouse event
with SetWindowsHookEx()
and wh_mouse
In the hook procedure u should process the msgs and decide with the ret if the msgs should pass or if u wanna discard it
U can choose to discard all the mouse msgs till u decide
to unhook the mouse events :)

See ya
NikDH
Posted on 2002-02-19 18:51:35 by NikDH
RIF,

You can also simply process the various mouse messages in your application and throw them away if the password is not set correctly. Normal stuff like WM_LBUTTONDOWN and similar can have the return value set to zero.

BTW HI Nik, glad to see you could make it here in the forum to help.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-02-19 20:02:04 by hutch--

RIF,

You can also simply process the various mouse messages in your application and throw them away if the password is not set correctly. Normal stuff like WM_LBUTTONDOWN and similar can have the return value set to zero.

BTW HI Nik, glad to see you could make it here in the forum to help.

Regards,

Hi hutch,
well i'm happy to be here men :)))
And tnx a lot 4 the welcome :)

Anyway my suggestion was about the mouse hooking
coz i've understood (prolly its my fault) that he wanted to stop
all the mouse clicking so the user cant escape the registration

See ya
NikDH
Posted on 2002-02-20 13:08:50 by NikDH
make a screensaver with password :)

that should stop anything on an NT since the screensaver password ability is built into NT.
Posted on 2002-02-20 13:15:14 by Hiroshimator
I would do that but I'd rather have a program :grin:
Posted on 2002-02-20 17:58:13 by resistance_is_futile