Hi!

Today I was assembling some example masm sources I found on the net, and to be able to try them, I needed to save the file each time. I tried to name it "test.asm" but that file was already existing. Then I did a search for "test*.asm" in my RadASM directory and found 8 (!) different asm files that started with test!

All these files are just some temporary files I've created when I wanted to try some new assembly code. Then I came up with an idea that would save my HD from all these trash files:

When you start RadASM and press the Build button to build a pasted piece of code (and the code isn't saved) the files should be saved and built in a temporary directory with a random temporary name.

That would be a nice feature and probably not hard to implement (using GetTempFileName perhaps?) . So what do say KetilO? Is it possible? Unnecessary?

/Delight
Posted on 2002-02-20 14:25:02 by Delight
Hi Delight

Yes, the idea is good but a lot of code has to be written so I need to know if this is a feature that more users want. I must try to restrict the amont of code. The more code the more bugs.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-02-20 17:12:00 by KetilO
This seems like something that could be done in a plugin?
Posted on 2002-02-20 17:18:44 by bitRAKE
Hi bitRAKE

You are perfectly right. There is an addin message prior to save, and returning TRUE prevent RadASM from saveing. Trapping the build command is also possible, or you can simply change the caption of the mdi child. Does anyone have the time?

KetilO
Posted on 2002-02-20 19:24:52 by KetilO
I don't right now - there are actually two other plugins I need to finish working on and post. I'll keep it in mind as it sounds like a good idea - maybe a sort of code test bench plugin.
Posted on 2002-02-20 20:36:33 by bitRAKE
Hi Delight

I found some free time and added the feature to FlipCase.
Unzip to C:\RadASM\Projects
Copy FlipCase.dll to C:\RadASM\AddIns

Edit RadASM.ini and change:

;FlipCase,x (1=Flip case, 2=Auto Show/Hide Output, 4=Auto Show/Hide ToolBox, 8=Save temp file, 15=All)
1=FlipCase.dll,7

to:

;FlipCase,x (1=Flip case, 2=Auto Show/Hide Output, 4=Auto Show/Hide ToolBox, 8=Save temp file, 15=All)
1=FlipCase.dll,15

KetilO

Attachment deleted.
Posted on 2002-02-22 04:15:10 by KetilO
WOW!!!! Thank you so much for adding this feature to the already awsome RadASM, I can't wait to try it out! You're the greatest! :alright: :grin:

/Delight
Posted on 2002-02-22 14:53:19 by Delight
Ketilo

Could you or some other kind soul explain how flip case works. As long as I got your attention a short on how addins work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1=FlipCase.dll,7

to:

1=FlipCase.dll,15

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any explanation anyplace that breaks down Flip case and starts from the semicolon and works to the end of the line with what it does?

Does the term Flip case have any true meaning or it is jyst a made up name for several DLL functions. I realize that I might not be correct in saying functions but I am using the term loosely.

What does ;Flip case,x do?

what does 1=Flipcase do.

I take it 2 shows the ouput window or hides it.

Number 4 does the same for the toolbox.

Number 8 saves temp files.

The rest of this line puzzles me:

15=All)
1=FlipCase.dll,15

What does this do?

Thanks

/cookj
Posted on 2002-02-22 15:12:11 by cookj
cookj, it is binary. 15 = 1+2+4+8

Each option can be turned on/off by the presents/absence of the value, or stated otherwise: add the values of the options you want. The semicolon line is just a comment.
Posted on 2002-02-22 15:19:23 by bitRAKE
BitRake, Thanks for the reply.

Now that you explained it, I see how it works. I feel like an idiot!
'
Thanks for the info.

If I am not asking too much, what does 1 = flip case exactly do?

In other works, what does it toggle in RadAsm?

Thanks

/cookj
Posted on 2002-02-22 15:58:50 by cookj
Hi cookj

If you have this feature activated you will get a menuitem on the Format / Convert menu that shows Flip Case. It flips the case of selected text 'AbC' --- > 'aBc'. Not very useful and was mainly implemented as a demo of the addins.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-02-22 19:13:02 by KetilO