Hi! everybody

I wanna my richeditor can read ASCII Art Text, as u know, ******* like using it to make document, the text in nfo files sometime is DOS/UNIX like font, but in my Chinese XP, it looks like unrecognizable character, how can I display it rightly in my editor?

dREAMtHEATER

Sorry, cannot make that reference in this forum.
Posted on 2002-02-24 03:57:06 by dREAMtHEATER
dREAMtHEATER,

The solution depends on the fonts you have on your machine. If you have a TTF that displays the extended ASCII characters, set it as the font for your rich text editor.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-02-24 04:53:17 by hutch--
Hi! Hutch

I've tried every font in my machine, but no any font can dispaly it rightly, but when I use AsciiArtViewer it can show normally and it doesn't use any extra font in its resource, I think it use some special technology
In the attachment, it's AsciiArtViewer

dREAMtHEATER

The solution depends on the fonts you have on your machine. If you have a TTF that displays the extended ASCII characters, set it as the font for your rich text editor.
Posted on 2002-02-24 05:39:20 by dREAMtHEATER
dREAMtHEATER,

Have you tried the fixed system fonts called OEM fonts. They are usually in a US/English windows version. It may do what you need.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-02-24 06:36:53 by hutch--
Posted on 2002-02-24 06:43:59 by Thomas
An edit with the Terminal font does the job pretty well... (for the graphics in nfo-like files).
Posted on 2002-02-24 07:21:24 by JCP
Hi Thomas

I've downloaded and installed the font you gave, but it still not work :(

ASCII Art Text used the Ascii Code bigger than 128 to show beautiful text graphics under English system,and some other single-byte system. Double-byte system will treat the code as a half of local character,so you can see only a mess. The solution is some software which calls riched32.dll, that forces the program to avoid double-byte displaying in the system
Posted on 2002-02-24 07:32:04 by dREAMtHEATER
I was having the same problem and I included the richedit from my U.S. version of xp and it worked fine
Posted on 2002-02-24 13:33:49 by Betrayed
Even with the terminal font, you will not get 100% correct results
(depending on system locale and other things). You can get it to
look "mostly right", but a few chars will be wrong. One solution that
will work is to grab the 8x16 DOS font (preferably the one from
codepage 865, norwegian/danish as it displays correctly.)

At runtime you translate the bitpacked font data to a color bitmap with
the fore/background colors you want. The "rendering" of the ascii will
be a little more complicated than TextOut or using a edit control, but
the results should be worth it :).

I was going to code a viewer like this but never really got around doing
it. It's not that the code is very complicated, the most annoying part
will probably be dealing with the scrollbars ;).
Posted on 2002-02-24 15:53:25 by f0dder