hi all !

a collegue give me the idea to do a seurity proggy, to know all the key pressed under windows (included ctrl,alt, break, mouse click etc..) on a PC. So it could be possible to know all words written from others... and also application launched...

I've soon start to try. SetWindowsHookEx, using Keyboard hook don't seems to work... In any case it will be probably good only for keys pressed with focus on my application...

Is there a better way to hook all the key pressed ?

THX, B7
Posted on 2002-03-05 16:28:39 by Bit7
Safcon made a Keylogger ,seach for his name in the archiv :)

Also you can found some Dll`s here :
http:\\www.packetstormsecurity.org
http:\\www.tlsecurity.net

brain now empty...
Posted on 2002-03-05 18:39:52 by syntax_error
Hi there,

Safcon aka Alloces aka Noperator is now located here. :grin:

Good Luck

YaWNS aka Stefan K.
Posted on 2002-03-06 04:07:35 by YaWNS
Sorry guys, but I don't think keyloggers and others hackish stuffs are allowed there...
Posted on 2002-03-06 04:16:29 by JCP
thats just a little test i made, i wanted to find out
if i can use a common edit-window as main window...
it log keys just because... i don't know, maybe i was
bored :) if you want to log mouseinput (why???)
you have to use record-hooks (like i do in this example
below but thats only becoz i don't wanted to load
extern dll's)

EDIT: just relax readiosys... you can't avoid writing a
little keylogger if you want to learn SetWindowsHookEx
Posted on 2002-03-06 04:17:44 by mob
thanks all,

Readiosys, the idea was really for security, so i think it could be called anti-hacking :)

B7
Posted on 2002-03-06 14:14:40 by Bit7
Some sites talk about "security" too, but are in fact "cracking" sites...
A friend of mine sent me a keylogger source in C to ask me what I thought about it : He found it in a lame "h@ckers newspaper".

You see the problem ? In order to be efficient, these tools must hide their own existence and run without user agreement.
Remember that a keylogger is only a spy variation of a trojan... and it is simply against the policy of our forum...

Mob, it is the same things about WriteProcessMemory... some guys requested help on their trainer, but it is a certain form of reserve-engeenering... even if, I agree, WriteProcessMemory by it's only existence is not evil.

The truth is, as would say Hutch, the "idiot fringe" is very interested in keyloggers and memory patching... and our task, as moderators, is to keep them away...
Posted on 2002-03-06 14:29:23 by JCP