A Quick Question. Does the je and jn function jump say a maximum of 128 bytes?

I have a subroutine that works okay.. and i can add up to a certain point and I am wondering if i am maxing out the 128 byte limit for the loop ? is there something else i can use?
Posted on 2002-03-09 22:09:55 by Volcano_88101
There was a limit with earlier processors. Some assemblers require specification of the size (ex NASM requires the use of 'short'). Are you using MASM? I'd put my bet on something else. :)
Posted on 2002-03-09 22:27:09 by bitRAKE
Heheheh Yes I am using something else. I am using Visual C++ Pro. But it allows us to include inline ASM subroutines and so I created several of my own string splitting and finding functions . Just have one last Replace function to make. I finally figured it out. It had something to do with size specification and since i couldnt exactly figure it out i just put some of the code in call routines to shorten the jump. Which fixed it but not after 4 agonizing hours of work and many well spoken words (and nearly a fist in the monitor :eek: ) But its done and it works and its faster than my previous subroutines which was all I was looking for. ty for all the help :):) :) :alright:
Posted on 2002-03-10 10:17:12 by Volcano_88101