More than 70% of my programs I write in MASM but I use also sometimes TASM, Borland C ++ and others. Frequently I do not find a lot of constants and structures which are declared in TASM or BC ++. For example I have not found such constants as GRADIENT_FILL_RECT_H, GRADIENT_FILL_RECT_V and GRADIENT_FILL_RECT_TRIANGLE, TBSTYLE_EX_MIXEDBUTTONS and such structures as share_info_50, share_info_1 and many others. I use MASM 7.0 and it seems to me that it is last version but may be there are new include files and I do not know about them?

Thanks, Mike
Posted on 2002-03-10 05:35:15 by Mike
Mike,

The equates you are referring to sound like stuff from ME/2k/XP and the problem is one of workload. I have tried to get windows.inc stable but I don't run the later OS versions so I have no way of testing this later stuff.

The other thing is that I would like to stabilise windows.inc and not keep adding stuff to it as it is nearly a meg now and some complain about its size, apart from it being very difficult to edit now with its size.

What I would like to see is later version specific include file which handle the new stuff.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-03-10 06:06:34 by hutch--
I completely agree that it is impossible to insert all variables into one file. It seems to me that it is not even necessary because everybody can assemble normally 90% of all invokes. But you may create additional include files (e.g. win _ add98.inc and win _ add2K.inc) which will contain other well known elements that was already described still in Win32.hlp.

Regards, Mike
Posted on 2002-03-10 07:44:06 by Mike
Mike,

all the constants you mention, new IE styles, etc. can always be found in the include files of the Platform SDK. (http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/)
You can install it online, or click on Downloads->Full Download and save it in your disk. Since this is a huge download, you could also order a CD-copy. Platform SDK is updated every 4 months, so it is impossible for the MASM include files (and libraries) to follow. If you always want the latest stuff, you've got to do a little translating yourself.
Posted on 2002-03-11 07:01:13 by micmic