Hey,

Does anyone here (especially hutch) know if the source for the QEditor is available? (Yeah, that's QEditor as in the text editor that comes with masm32 package.)

I sometimes find myself coding with it and I find a couple of things very frustrating, so I'd like to make some changes to it. I guess what annoys me most is the poor handling of tabs (1 tab = 4 spaces instead of a tab character) and the fact that pasted content shows up with the font it had in the document / page from where I copied it (totally ruins your concentration ;) ).

Thanks to all.
Posted on 2002-03-10 23:05:55 by Lysic
I think hutch-- is not releasing the source code.

Try searching google for text editors you should find some free ones.
Posted on 2002-03-10 23:28:36 by stryker
Lysic,

I do the programming community a service by not releasing the code for qeditor, its a genuine personal nightmare that was never written for public release, it is so complex internally that it would drive people nutz and there is no way I intend to try and support it as released code.

It is also written in a PowerBASIC compiler and is a mixture of asm, basic and C style coding, is post processed and has to have support facilities to construct it.

The TAB setting is an adjustment with the INI editor which you can access from the editor. Just change it to whatever setting you like. There is not much I can do about the font settings as they are passed internally in OLE. It is based on the old version of richedit because its a lot faster that the later one, even though it does not have as many facilities.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-03-11 01:14:14 by hutch--