Hi,

I have 2 edit controls, 1 is subclassed and 1 is not. The problem is when I tried to send a message to select the text on second edit control, it doesn't work. I've tried SendMessage and SendDlgItemMessage under the subclass procedure and still doesn't work(I also checked the return values and the values were 0 meaning unsuccessful). So, I tried sending a private message(WM_STRYKER EQU WM_APP + 1) to the main loop. Now if I try to handle this message then call either SendMessage or SendDlgItemMessage, it still doesn't work but If I checked the returned value, it's not zero/NULL meaning it has successfully sent an EM_SETSEL message(but still doesn't select the text, I tried 0 and 2 for range of text to select during testing and still no luck...).

Any ideas, why this is happening?

P.S. I'm thinking that it has something to do with DLGC_HASSETSEL or CallWindowProc. I also rechecked my parameters and everything is fine. BTW this dialog box is created using the DialogBoxParam not the usual windows style.

Thanks!!!
Posted on 2002-03-11 16:47:11 by stryker
Here's the program, I was working on. If you see a very odd comment like a very long row of ; semi colon, that's the part where I'm talking about.

BTW, this is for the KMP algo. I know this can be handled through other ways but I like it to be like this. :)
Posted on 2002-03-11 18:49:52 by stryker
Nah!!! just forgot about this I'll just handle it with buttons. I'll post the results on the algo section, when I'm done. :)
Posted on 2002-03-12 00:58:22 by stryker