Talent will shine out where loosers on drugs will end up on the trash heap.

Funny you should say that. An aquaintence of mine died last weekend from a herion OD.

Brad B & Guy On Drugs,
Here's another local. It's funny cause we could all run into each other and not even know it. I work in D.C, so it's possible that was your car I hit, Brad :).
Posted on 2002-03-15 13:11:48 by lackluster

i'm too lazy to help people unless they helping me in someway
The point that many fail to get here in the US, is that you really are helping yourself by helping others. It can be a lot of work, but you tend to learn more than you teach. :)
Posted on 2002-03-15 13:25:02 by bitRAKE

The point that many fail to get here in the US, is that you really are helping yourself by helping others. It can be a lot of work, but you tend to learn more than you teach. :)

you all enlighten me everyday. oh i'm goign to see Resident Evil in an hour or so. i'm soo freakin boosted right now. yay =)
Posted on 2002-03-15 14:11:00 by Guy on Drugs
It appears that G.O.D. may be a little confused these days :(

added:
Hey Guy, maybe I mis-read you.... I'm use'd to "Boosted" meaning "High".....

B
Posted on 2002-03-15 20:30:27 by Brad
no man boosted means happy and excited. smacked means high. but i dont do drugs on the first place

and ok ok imma change my name imma talkto hutch to see if he can delete my account.

my new name will be

Guy on ASM
Posted on 2002-03-16 09:49:54 by Guy on Drugs
Good choice! :grin:
Posted on 2002-03-16 09:57:35 by Brad
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS : Can you trade that nick in on a new one, someone may think we support the use of recreational chemicals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A members name gives the whole
forum and the other members a bad name.
or, it assumes that it does. with no bases
to reality. I am not against the name as I have
more in life to do then to dig hard and find something
wrong about other people, or groups. sencership to
please others is a bad road to take. it gives up freedom
for afew that have shallow minds.

So I give this warning: If you are interested is learning
how to write Virus or trojan protection programs, ect. this is not
the forum to use, as just using the words trojan or virus
can cause undesirable affects.

In short, don't use names or words in the forum that are
about virus ect. don't USE CAPS, don't post something in the wrong section, and word your question right or people will
think you are demanding from the people in this forum.

I hope these tips help others to avoid troubles when
using this forum.

Zcoder.....
Posted on 2002-03-16 16:13:03 by Zcoder
What if you use the terms Trojan and Virus in the context of safe sex? ;P

jk
Posted on 2002-03-16 17:07:57 by iblis
Apparently the only safe sex that works is sex between two safes. :grin:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-03-16 17:14:33 by hutch--
lol - i'll have to remember that one Hutch
Posted on 2002-03-16 17:19:05 by iblis
well i'm willing to change my name its just your guy hutch ain't following thru i left him a pm to delete my account so i could create my new name Guy on ASM.

and chill out a name aint shi* you all act like someones name is gonna kill you. well lemmi tell you a lil story. i've killed many clans i've been in not because of my name but ,because of my skill. i used to play this game (a mod) called unrealtournament tactical ops. and i was extremely well at it. everyone thought i had cheated. and no one could ever get proof of me doing so. so one day someone comes on the net under my name with an aimbot. gets caught by this cheat protection system and now everything thinks that was me. the admin compared the ip and knew it wasn't me so since then he hasn't banned me from the server. although people try to kill my reps i try to avoid them and keep on truckin. but that went to far so i quit that game. so then i focused on programming(c++) come to find out that crap you can barely do anything with c++ because it doesn't allow full control over your computer. so i come to assembly and here i am now. first it was thy mind(skill) now its thy name. well i'm willing to change my name if hutch would just go ahead and delete my account (cause i can't have 2 accounts under the same email the forum thing won't allow me to do it). its gonna be Guy on Asm... well thats my lil story.
Posted on 2002-03-16 18:35:11 by Guy on Drugs
iblis, you also should change your nick, somebody can think we support satanism and other alike sects or think we support fundamentalistic terroristic organiztions.
Posted on 2002-03-17 01:11:47 by Aquila
its all up to this hutch guy now all he has to do is delete my account and i'll create my new name. tahts the onoy thing i want to do now.
Posted on 2002-03-17 01:35:39 by Guy on Drugs
Guy OFF Drugz,

No need to wait for me, just reregister with another nick, I will get fearless leader to place his furry paw on the delete button once you have reregistered.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-03-17 01:40:21 by hutch--
ok said and done. i think i'll use this name for my games also.
Posted on 2002-03-17 10:40:34 by Guy on ASM
I originally tried "ib", but the boards wouldn't allow me a <= 2 letter nick.
Iblis is a mythological figure. Sure, he's a bad character, but it's mythological, and doesn't have the same religious stigmas that the name Satan or Lucifer has.

If the mods here have a problem with it, then I'll be happy to change the nick. Or if any of the mods have access to the vBthreads mySQL server, then maybe they can cut those last 3 letters off for me ;)
Posted on 2002-03-17 12:06:08 by iblis
Iblis,

I originally tried "ib", but the boards wouldn't allow me a <= 2 letter nick.
Iblis is a mythological figure. Sure, he's a bad character, but it's mythological, and doesn't have the same religious stigmas that the name Satan or Lucifer has.

According to Koran, Iblis is almost the same. He also is a fallen angel.
Posted on 2002-03-17 12:32:33 by Aquila
hutch--,

I looked to my dictionary and found that 'hutch' have several meanings and one of them: 'cage for rabbits'. Definitely you should think about changing your nick: somebody can think that we support victimization of animals. :tongue:
Posted on 2002-03-17 12:44:47 by Aquila
lol hahaha.... nice
Posted on 2002-03-17 12:56:11 by Guy on ASM
I've never read the Koran. That's not where I got the name.

The same argument could be said for just about any name if taken out of context.

For example "Aquila:"

From Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary:
"aquila, a native of Pontus, by occupation a tent-maker, whom Paul met on his first visit to Corinth (Acts 18:2). Along with his wife Priscilla he had fled from Rome in consequence of a decree (A.D. 50) by Claudius commanding all Jews to leave the city. Paul sojourned with him at Corinth, and they wrought together at their common trade, making Cilician hair-cloth for tents. On Paul's departure from Corinth after eighteen months, Aquila and his wife accompanied him to Ephesus, where they remained, while he proceeded to Syria (Acts 18:18, 26). When they became Christians we are not informed, but in Ephesus they were (1 Cor. 16:19) Paul's "helpers in Christ Jesus." We find them afterwards at Rome (Rom. 16:3), interesting themselves still in the cause of Christ. They are referred to some years after this as being at Ephesus (2 Tim. 4:19). This is the last notice we have of them."

Using this material I could argue that you should change your name because of its religious stigma. I could say by using this name you are indirectly pushing the ideas of Christianity upon the religiously diverse visitors to the WinASM board... - but, I wouldn't, because the name is obscure, and such an argument is unjustified without irrefutable proof.

Furthermore I should hope that by perusing these boards, any random anonymous visitor would not misconstrue simple nicknames as meaning that the entire message board is themed around some semblence of morally bankrupt ideas, or religious ideas, be them relatively positive or negative. I would dare call such a person stupid, and would consider his/her opinions inconsequencial.
Posted on 2002-03-17 13:13:58 by iblis