Hi all,

I'm a bit of an asm newbie, although I know the VERY BASICS and I do mean basics, of registers and asm instructions etc. I have no problem with binar or hex etc, I've just never gotten down and dirty with proper asm coding.

I'm a C coder and playing around with some 3d software rendering though DDraw and I've often wondered how to write speed critical functions in asm and link them into my code.

I've done some "google-ing" and not come up with much and since downloading MASM32, this seemed like a good place to begin asking questions.

As an example (whether or not it'd be worth doing doesn't matter at the moment).....say I wanted to write a matrix multiply function in asm and then use it in my C code. How do I go about it?

Any hints and tips are most welcome, especially links to tutorials where I can learn myself without having to ask too many questions.

Thanks in advance to all who reply. Appologies if this thread should've been started in a different forum.
Posted on 2002-03-18 10:57:35 by GCoder
This might be of some help:

http://math.nist.gov/

There are some really good matrix and ode subroutines.
Posted on 2002-03-18 11:30:34 by bdjames
Thanks bdjames,

What I'm after really though is a tutorial about actually linking asm code in with C, rather than writting in-line asm etc.

I'll still have another look at your link though and see what I can learn from it.

I've found quite a few asm tut's on the net about writing the asm code itself but I don't know how I go about calling my asm code from my main C code, or even how I set up the asm code/files.

Thanks again for the reply.
Posted on 2002-03-18 11:35:35 by GCoder
Posted on 2002-03-18 11:57:19 by f0dder
Nice one f0dder =0)

that's great....I'll try out what I've read in those threads...

Thanks for the link!
Posted on 2002-03-18 12:13:45 by GCoder