Hi,

I was playing with the CryptAPI from ADVAPI32.DLL, and it seems that my program only works on my machine and not on anyone elses...the Crypt-functions, namely CryptAcquireContext, CryptCreateHash, CryptHashData and CryptDestroyHash all return 0 for the other ppl that have tested it, yet it works fine for me. I've even tried calling them with LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress and its the same deal. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong here?

bl00dbath
Posted on 2002-03-22 01:47:31 by bl00dbath
Probably because the persons do not have the high encryption pack (windows 98/me does not have it by default i believe), you can get that from mircosoft's site

check the cipher strength in the about box of IE.
Posted on 2002-03-22 03:43:15 by savage

Probably because the persons do not have the high encryption pack (windows 98/me does not have it by default i believe), you can get that from mircosoft's site

Win2000 doesn't have it, too. It's native included in WinXP or IE6.0.
Posted on 2002-03-22 04:52:44 by bazik

Hey,
Thanks for the reply guys. :)
I don't think thats the problem though, I'm running a stock installation of win98se and don't have any other packs from MS installed. IE shows a cipher strength of 40bits and the Crypt functions still work ok...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
bl00dbath
Posted on 2002-03-22 15:14:48 by bl00dbath