codemax works fine on xp. i used it in my asm ide (assembly studio). The vb setup program is absolute crap, believe me!
Posted on 2002-03-24 11:26:18 by Asm_Freak
Tell me more about the installation & running problem on WinXP.
Posted on 2002-03-24 11:41:55 by Pradeepan
Since this installer is having so many problems, Perhaps you can zip up the files needed and provide instructions where they go. I don't like installers messing with my system trying to overwrite my system file, and I especially don't like when they crash and don't do their job without telling me why they didn't work.

I can just manually put the files where necessary. Of course, I can just look at the lst file and do it also, but that's too much work. In my case, I don't need the VB runtimes, I already have them. So the exe, readmes, ocx, and dlls relating to the program should be fine.

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-03-24 12:46:00 by _Shawn

Since this installer is having so many problems, Perhaps you can zip up the files needed and provide instructions where they go. I don't like installers messing with my system trying to overwrite my system file, and I especially don't like when they crash and don't do their job without telling me why they didn't work.
Thanks,
_Shawn

just shove all the files from the CAB into some directory, deleting the VB runtime stuff.

btw, where did the program install, too?! (i haven't had a chance to use it, yet... bogged down in no proggy-related things)

oh yeah, Pradeepan, i'm using Win2k, in case you were wondering. i get as far as the extraction of the 7 files... then nada. blank.
Posted on 2002-03-24 15:22:40 by jademtech
Since your using VB runtime files, I suggest you use the VSI installer from microsoft, it's free for registered users of visual studio. But that wouldn't be a good idea, since there are a lot of variations of PC users here, some may need to update their windows installer to use VSI properly or you could also include the update files for the old windows installer on your program but that would take up much more space. Bad Idea!!!

As for the IDE itself, I extracted the .CAB files and run your program, but when it starts to run, it produces like an initialization error and the splash screen won't go away but the IDE itself is already visible behind the splash screen... I'm using win2k.
Posted on 2002-03-24 16:26:35 by stryker
I uploaded a version without vbrun6. You can download it from
http://www.geocities.com/technosoftt/
(Size 432Kb). Tell me if it is working. Extract to correct paths.
Posted on 2002-03-24 19:58:04 by Pradeepan
Yes the new one(432kb) is already working on my win2k box :alright:
Posted on 2002-03-24 20:10:27 by stryker
haha... nice : ) got a quick chance to try it out ;) quick "Hello, World... you are hurting me" app. i like the colour scheme...

a suggestion: keep the project browser window open, even when the child document form is maximized (it gets covered up)

not sure if it's just me: i have to hit escape after something autocompletes to get rid of the dropdown and the tooltip (why is the dropdown still visible, too?)

and a problem: no error checking for blank documents; got error 91 when i clicked on Macros, Procs, Structs, vars when i had a doc without them.

keep at it :) /me likes (what's there right now, anyway)
Posted on 2002-03-24 21:01:20 by jademtech
Selecting your option from ListBox & pressing 'SPACE' key
should hide the these windows. You have click 'UPDATE' or 'F5'
to update the changes to TREEVIEW & Autocomplete.
Press SHIFT + SPACE to show MACRO ,PROC & VARIABLE names
on ListBox. Press CTRL+SPACE to show WIN32 equates.
You can modify texts files in the STRUC, SYNTAX FOLDER .
I also updated the error when clicking blank project in TREEVIEW.

Thanks all for your Feedback. Tell me about how it should be improved.

Pradeepan.
Posted on 2002-03-24 22:47:17 by Pradeepan
How about autocomplete? If there's only one option in the list of matched api procedures left, tab should fill out the rest of the word.
Posted on 2002-03-24 23:12:32 by grv575
I've got some of my Photoshop junk in my 10 Megs of ATTBI, no bandwidth cap as far as I know.

I might be able to mirror it.
Posted on 2002-03-26 14:36:18 by Ed Oscuro
Im use Winbatch99 from winbach.com that much more usefull .
The best editor that I ever seen.
Regards
Posted on 2002-04-12 02:24:30 by Zebio
I made some minor change to Vasm (version 1.0.2).
Now you can save the editer settings-colors
, Fit to Window Option,
Menu Item for a resource editer.
You can download it from Vasm.exe

Pradeepan.
Posted on 2002-04-16 14:50:01 by Pradeepan
Its working just fine and it loads up real fast
im usin it on win 98 SE

I havent tried the full functionality of it as yet
Posted on 2002-04-16 17:12:14 by Ajnabi