Ok say I have some data stored a buffer. numbers. they are in hex format. like "0ffh" for 255. if i just try to display that byte in an edit box i would of course get the y looking character. which is the ascii representation of "0ffh" what do I need to do to it. to let me display its Decimal equivilent in a edit box. so i see 255 insteas of the y looking character?
Posted on 2002-03-26 17:28:06 by dionysus
use the dwtoa procedure in the masm32 lib and it will convert it for you. dont worry about speed, hutch has optimised all the procedures.
Posted on 2002-03-26 18:00:21 by smurf
Please search the board for: dwtoa
...and read until your heart is content. :tongue:
Posted on 2002-03-26 18:01:06 by bitRAKE
The MASM library has a function called dwtoa. This changes your DWORD to a NULL terminated string, which you can then print.

To check it out, go to the masm32\help directory, and run the masmlib.hlp file.

Posted on 2002-03-26 18:03:30 by sluggy
ya me and my sharp wit and fast typing... who can beat me?:rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-03-26 18:28:06 by smurf
Not only did I type, but I searched the board to ensure the help I was giving wasn't bogus - at first, I listed search criteria that didn't bring up any posts. Then I went in and edited my post to add the second witty line...(oh, I wish I had a life) :tongue:
Posted on 2002-03-26 19:00:21 by bitRAKE