hi!

My problem is this :

I've done a DLL, which use some RCDATA's in a resource-file, all in all 300 KB.
Now i tried to load the DLL in a program, and the LoadLibrary failed.
If i remove the RCDATA's it works fine.

This problem happens only in Win95/98 ... in Win2k/XP it works without any problems.

I've also done a exe-file which use 5 MB RCDATA ... and this works fine too ... also in Win95/98.

But why not the DLL ?

Does anyone know what the problem is, and how i could fix it ?

PS. I need the data in the resource-file, a solution which use the data in the .data section, would not be fine.

Cu, Jens
Posted on 2002-03-28 09:21:51 by Jens Duttke
There's a problem with big resources datas in win95... it can be solved with the fixres utility (beaster posted it on the board...)

I don't know if it is the problem origin, but...
Posted on 2002-03-28 09:27:05 by JCP
hi!

I tried this program, but it still does not work.

Cu, Jens
Posted on 2002-03-28 10:02:37 by Jens Duttke
I've had problems with invalid ranges for resource IDs. 40000 or so won't work on win9x, but it will on win2k...

Thomas
Posted on 2002-03-28 10:08:47 by Thomas
hi!

Thx Thomas, this was the problem ... my ID's started from 35000 to 35010 ... I changed them to 10-20 and it works now. :)

Thanks again,
Cu, Jens
Posted on 2002-03-28 10:20:48 by Jens Duttke