I've never made anything with net, so i don't know where to start?

i want to implement LAN in my game, and to do so i need a procedure that sends/receives something to/from other computer with same game started.

what should i do first?
Posted on 2002-03-31 12:48:17 by ti_mo_n
I'd start by reading some examples, or if you want to try it yourself (you'll learn faster that way), first code a little server program that accepts connections, sends some text, and then closes the connection. You can test this by connecting to your program with the windows telnet.exe utility. Then write a program to connect to the server and display the string received in a messagebox.
Posted on 2002-04-01 01:40:02 by Qweerdy
i've got dx80sdk,

i could use it (i understand it completely), but i need some constants definitions which i do not have.

for example: CLSCTX_INPROC or something like that.

where can i find it?
i've searched through .h files inside the 'include' folder sdk - all for nothing (or am i wrong?).

PLEASE tell me where are these defs!
Posted on 2002-04-27 16:35:27 by ti_mo_n
I don't know where they are but you don't have to use direct play. Search this board or the net for winsock examples and look up the following functions in msdn to get started
socket
connect
bind
listen
accept
Posted on 2002-04-27 16:45:52 by Kudos
well, i understood dx7's direct play. i heard that winsoc-stuff is better, so i'll try to learn that too.

thanx anyway
Posted on 2002-06-29 12:13:59 by ti_mo_n