I want my own INVOKE marco. I want to replace the standard masm INVOKE marco so that i can see what things are doing on my own. If this is this possible if so can you tell me how.

I bet 9 out of 10 it's here somewhere from your previous post.

I want to see what things are doing on my own, and take more control over my app.

About the Assembler, i think i am going to stick with masm or GoASM when i learn it...It got a help file out of this world.

My problem is going to be ALL about the LINKER and nothing but the LINKER when i get past this....

Thank

cmax over and out
Posted on 2002-04-02 14:39:32 by cmax

ParReverse MACRO ParList:REQ
LOCAL Value, arg
Value TEXTEQU <>
% FOR arg, <ParList>
Value CATSTR <arg>, <,>, Value
ENDM
Value SUBSTR Value, 1, @SizeStr( %Value ) - 1
Value CATSTR <!<>, Value, <!>>
EXITM Value
ENDM

ParCount MACRO ParList:VARARG
LOCAL ParCount
ParCount = 0
FOR Value, <ParList>
ParCount = ParCount + 1
ENDM
EXITM %ParCount
ENDM

callx MACRO Prcdr:REQ, ParList:VARARG
% FOR Value, ParReverse( <ParList> )
push Value
ENDM
; ...... ParCount(ParList) -- [b]in case you want to count the # of parameters[/b]
call Prcdr
ENDM
:) ripped off from the MASM manual :)
Posted on 2002-04-02 14:49:41 by stryker
Posted on 2002-04-02 15:37:21 by bitRAKE
Thanks stryker, bitRAKE, i got the perfect setup to these these on with-in my project because i only use invoke to make muiti box's when needed and only one special funtion that MUST be invoked to work. Everything else is all about opt codes from codes of this Board and the M32.lib (all ret are EMPTY) ( My Dream Dame near completed ) I DID IT...but i still want to eliminate some other standard api and use M32.lib style api's So that is where i live.

I will let you guys know what works best for me and WHY. I guest i will start Next week because i got to go make some money this week if i want to eat... Things takes me a long time because i test, build, strip, rip, test,re-build, strip, test, boot, test, crash, test, shut down, test, over and over again for many days or weeks...Because i got tried of the operating system get bad results 2 weeks latter when i turn the machine off than come back to find that NOTHING working at ALL. Windows hold nice things for you in the system but turn it off THAN SEE how nice it may be when coding SOMETIMES. Be carefull

Posted on 2002-04-03 00:10:57 by cmax
cmax, I have a similar view in which I want to know how things work before moving on. Breaking things down into their basic parts is one way to accomplish that goal. It is good to hear that you are making progress. It is always good to read the explainations of another's choices - there is always so much to learn.
Posted on 2002-04-03 00:41:11 by bitRAKE
I am trying get an FULL understanding between your ProfileEpilogue and Marvirick Profile. This is becoming very intersting. ProfileEpilogue is bring the light to me about marcos, but i wish there was a small book or post for it so i can get down to the nitty gritty of marcos expecially your ProfileEpilogue. But it is very well commented anyway,...Maybe oneday... But anyway have you improved ProfileEpilogue, is this the one to go with
or have something new came up.

Since i trying to get most of masm job done manually myself i am really bent on learning how without messing up the executive itself and is very worry about barking up the wrong tree.

Also Could you or someone tell me if i am guaranteed that when i use INCLUDE FLES that MASM will TRULY only pasue or whatever and than PUT THE INCLUDE FILE in ONLY...than go back to do what it is doing from that point without leaving indicaters (or something) in my execitive. or do it leave a mark in it somewhere to indicate a file has been included in my exective.
If it do do this because of pages sizes or whatever what can i possible do to go back in and eat up the free space if any....I hoping that i will find this out Once and for All.

I am betting that if i understand ProfileEpilogue to the letter i will know how macros really work. It looks easy when i spread it out and really review it but i know it is still a bit cleaver if you don't fully understant the smallest of detail.

Thanks
Posted on 2002-04-21 14:57:56 by cmax