I tried downloading it from Iczellions site but when i try to open winsock 2.2 it tells me an error about loading an immage and if i continue it just freezes up if i dont it exits. any one know where i can get a working version I have looked on MSDN but the best i can come up with is
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/wsapiref_4cxe.asp?frame=true
thats an online version though and i cant alwayse get online every time i need to check something.
But then again i never can find usefull downloads on MSDN they seem to hide them well.
Posted on 2002-04-12 05:30:03 by dionysus
Download the attached file ... it should be what your looking for.

PS : I'm not sure from where I got it ... I became a downloader insted of becoming a coder ...:tongue:
Posted on 2002-04-12 06:10:43 by code1101
Thats the same one thats on the site I think. Is it in Microsoft Office format? Cause I still can't open it useing wordpad I downloaded a FreeWare Text Editor and it comes up with errors and it looks like crud. but at least it opens and is semi readable in it lol. thanks anyway.
Posted on 2002-04-12 06:35:09 by dionysus
You can get the Winsock2 functions on the Platform SDK docs....as well as a good reference for all the other API functions....

SDK Download

Go for the "Core SDK"......then "Install This SDK".

You will be given an option of what to download.....go for the documentation......

It takes a while...but its worth it IMHO
Posted on 2002-04-12 07:00:48 by Fordy
I don't have any problems with the zip file or the doc ...
anyway ... I also have it in windows help format ... if you dont want to download the core sdk (more than 200 MB and the docs only are about 80 Megs) I can send you the help file to your mail ( I already tried but it seems you made it privte) ... the help file is only about 350 KB zipped ( which the board doesn't allow for a such size) ... but I think its better if you download the sdk cos you might need other usefull files there ...
So if you need the help file just ask ...
have a nice boarding ...
Posted on 2002-04-12 20:58:09 by code1101
weeeee actually my SDK cd came fineally. so I have the latest/greatest lol actually august 2001 version. thanks though
Posted on 2002-04-12 21:09:10 by dionysus