EDITED : Post not compliant with the rules.
Posted on 2002-04-17 12:53:55 by shadoooo
How is it that you don't have the source code? Are you aware of the legalities that must be addressed in such an exercise? Reverse Engineering is against the rules of this forum, and against the law in some places. Discussions of this nature will be deleted.
Posted on 2002-04-17 13:23:13 by bitRAKE
I understand this, but I don't think it's something bad if you do it with some simple freeware software to learn how manage the code. My target is not cracking, but learning to understand code and add some feature...
It's wrong learning something, or it is wrong using the know-how to do something bad?
If you want help me, thanks, otherwise, thanks anyway!
Posted on 2002-04-17 14:25:07 by shadoooo

I understand this, but I don't think it's something bad if you do it with some simple freeware software to learn how manage the code. My target is not cracking, but learning to understand code and add some feature...
It's wrong learning something, or it is wrong using the know-how to do something bad?
If you want help me, thanks, otherwise, thanks anyway!

You can call it anything you like, but the rules of this board just do not allow these kind of things, no matter what your intention is. The main reason for these rules is that not you, but the one who runs this board (Hiroshimator) is responsible for the content.
So please comply with these rules and leave the discussions related to RE out.

Thomas
Posted on 2002-04-17 14:32:34 by Thomas
shadoooo, there is source code on this board and at the websites of the members of this board that you can experiment with to learn. Thomas's code for example, is very readable and easy to follow. If you need more example programs in assembly, please let us know and we will point you to some examples. Thanks for your understanding.
Posted on 2002-04-17 14:38:53 by bitRAKE