Hi

When i change dialog Font (other than default) in the dialog editor, dialog is not modified.
But after compilation, dialog haven't same size and position (see capture).
Perhaps in a future version ?
Keep your good work !!!

SV
Posted on 2002-04-21 15:00:16 by sv_reverser
Hi sv_reverser

Thanks for the bug report.
I will fix it so the dialog sizes remain the same, regardless of the font selected.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-21 15:50:55 by KetilO
Hi all

I thought this one was simple.
Just use GetTextMetrics on system font and multiply with width and height. Then use GetTextMetrics on selected font and divide with width and height. Damn fonts. This did not work. I dont seem to be able to create the font that the dialog actually are going to use. The height is ok but the width fails. Do anyone know of a way to do this.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-22 06:05:39 by KetilO
I think GetTextExtentPoint32 will give better results... Needs a hDC with a font selected into it as arg though.
Posted on 2002-04-22 09:10:03 by Qweerdy
Hi Qweerdy

Did't work any better. I still dont know what weight the dialog is going to use for that partikular font and size. There probably is a simple solution to this. I just can't find it.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-22 10:01:26 by KetilO
Hi all

Solved it.

Who cares about unreliable fonts. I just created a dialog with system defaul font and saved it's widt and height, then created a dialog with desired font and saved it's widt and height, and viola I have the factors I am looking for.
If anyone is interested, here is my test project.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-22 16:06:29 by KetilO