Hi all

Main reason for making this release is that I am going on a vacation soon and I wanted to clean up the mess with all the different versions floating around.
Nothing much new since 11.0.5, mainly bug fixing.

KetilO

Important:

This is the full package for first time installers.
Unzip to C:\RadASM

Note:

The package does NOT contain all the bugfixes posted below.
Posted on 2002-04-22 18:00:19 by KetilO
If you are updateing from 1.1.0.5 you only need this file.

The zip contains RadASM.exe only.

KetilO

04-24-2002, 43 dl, Bugfix + dblclk dialog property change.
04-24-2002, 9 dl, Fixed a dialog size problem on NT/2k/xp
04-25-2002, 22 dl, Fixed default style override, font settings and combobox sizeing problem.
04-26-2002,29 dl, Fixed tasm bug, font setting bug, visible style bug and added more boarder styles.
06-03-2002,156 dl,Fixed GPF bug reported by The Svin.
Posted on 2002-04-22 18:04:05 by KetilO
perhaps you could add a "notification" feature :) it connects to some server and gets the latest version info # & a link to it...
Posted on 2002-04-22 18:05:41 by jademtech
Hi jademtech

Shawn made a great tool to stay updated.

Yuo can get it here

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-22 18:43:04 by KetilO
thnx... unfortunately, the site isn't working (at least for now...)

oh well... i should be working, anyway :)
Posted on 2002-04-22 19:05:31 by jademtech
Posted on 2002-04-22 22:44:48 by PuffCool
Jademtech,

I haven't updated the RadASM file for a while. I'll do so today or tomarrow...

I'll have to change the link to download the Addin... I changed my hosting agreement and now they don't allow anon ftp access... I uploaded a file on there a while ago and didn't expect so many people to download it, costing me 10GB of bandwidth and since I have to pay for it, I decided to stop helping people host their files and drop my service so I don't pay so much... anyway, the RadASM addin is no problem. I'll make it an HTML link to download rather than ftp...

Thanks,
Shawn
Posted on 2002-04-23 00:48:14 by _Shawn
i've found a bug....
when u set a named bookmark in projectfile and then open then project then press F8 or (Ctrl+0 or any other number of existing bookmark) a file, in wher this bookmark is, is opening even if it's allready opened.
sorry 4 my bad english.

BTW: VERY good work You have done with it!:alright:
Posted on 2002-04-23 07:51:48 by NEMO
its the first time I try it ....

simply impresive ....:alright:
Posted on 2002-04-23 08:04:38 by code1101
Hi NEMO

I am not able to repeat your bug.
Can you explain in more detail what you are doing.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 08:31:40 by KetilO
Hi code1101

Thanks.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 08:32:28 by KetilO
KetilO, velly nice.

You know, now that we can just throw down dialogs, and controls on them, it would be great to have the little test ride ability like in VC. It helps me a lot when I am first designing a dialogs layout.
Posted on 2002-04-23 09:50:42 by sceptor
KetilO,
it would be a greate help if you do with API struct the same thing
you did with API func.
I often fill struct in design time, and if there would be help on
members as in API func, and also constant drop down window - it will help a lot.
Now I kinda do it :) Including struct name in API call using invoke
to bring help tip and then removing invoke and putting members in <> :)
I had a lot more ideas - they actually already coded in my shell,
but I'm filling lately like switching to RadAsm 'cause one major thing in RadAsm is eventually better - I mean browsing and groupping.
So might be I am able to code some what have my shell and absent in RadAsm in some kind of ADDins, but I need a very simple template of how to code it - all I need is how to get selected text from editor window of RadAsm and how send replace selected to it (wich I would use both for insert and replace) I had already numerous tool dialogs and string function
wich can be easily addapted to RadAsm if only I had a simple interface communicating with mdi editor windows in RadAsm.
Posted on 2002-04-23 11:04:13 by The Svin

Hi NEMO

I am not able to repeat your bug.
Can you explain in more detail what you are doing.

KetilO

what i've done is:
1) set named bookmark by editing project file, the bookmark is in main_asm file
2) open the project
3) "Auto Load" func opend the main_asm file
4) press F8 to go next bookmark
and in the moment when i've pressed the F8 key once again the main_asm file was opened and currsor was set at the bookmark but in the second opened main_asm file.
wow, it's realy screwy ;)
Posted on 2002-04-23 12:10:10 by NEMO
Hi NEMO

Thank you for your bug report.
With your latest description it took me less than 5 min. to find and correct the problem. The loading of the bookmarks was done after auto opening files. I just moved the bookmark loading up a few lines in my code, and now it works as it should. I will post an bugfix soon.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 14:14:14 by KetilO
Hi sceptor

In RadASM the dialog you are designing is very close to what you get. Is a 'test ride' really necessary? Might be something I am overlooking, so if you give me some good reasons, then I will do it.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 14:19:15 by KetilO
KetilO ..
I searched the forum for documentation for your RadAsm ....
is there going to be a help file or something like that in the near future?
I saw a post where bitrake and readiosys and others ( I think ) decided to make some documentation for RadAsm ... is it still under development?

PS: please don't plame us for asking too much ... but your project is really promissing man ...

yours ... code1101
Posted on 2002-04-23 15:17:43 by code1101
Well for some strange reason, being able to move it around, and have a sense of depth perception adds to the overall feel of the dialog. wheez wheez.
Typically it just looks different enough, to warrant a move here and a nudge there, that I just dont pick up in a flat view.
Posted on 2002-04-23 15:41:51 by sceptor
Hi The Svin

Creating addins that alter text in the richedit window is simple.
I have included source for FlipCase, a template made by _Shawn and RadASM.inc. Just to help you on your way.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 16:29:48 by KetilO
Hi code1101

Sorry to dissapoint you. A help file for RadASM is still in the blue.
I hope that I someday will have the time to start on one.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 16:33:06 by KetilO