Hutch, my ml.exe's version is 7.00.9466. However, some errors happen to windows.inc during the compiling. I have read all the files about the Masm v7.0, it was said that the windows.inc is right. If time admitting, please help me.

Best regards,
Michael
Posted on 2002-04-23 00:41:53 by michael_lgx

Hutch, my ml.exe's version is 7.00.9466. However, some errors happen to windows.inc during the compiling. I have read all the files about the Masm v7.0, it was said that the windows.inc is right. If time admitting, please help me.

Best regards,
Michael

My compile options are following:
ml /c /Cx /coff *.asm

BTW, I have use the previous command with the 6.14.8444. It succeed compiling all my file without any errors, even warnning.

Best regards,
Michael
Posted on 2002-04-23 01:22:29 by michael_lgx
Michael,

I have not done much testing with ml.exe version 7 so i am not much use to you here. As far as I know, Microsoft have not supplied any documentation with this version so I have no way of determining what it does. I ran it in the MASM32 package just for testing and every thing built OK but I have not done comprehensive testing with it.

I still use 6.14 and it is the version supplied with MASM32 because it does almost everything and its very well behaved.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-04-23 03:12:04 by hutch--
As long as you remember to set case sensivity on, and use the stdcall
calling convention, there shouldn't be any troubles. I use ml v7 as well.
Hutch, if you made your l2inc tool add "stdcall" to all the protos, it
would be possible to use other calling conventions for ones main
assembly files...
Posted on 2002-04-23 09:57:26 by f0dder
Yeah it looks like a case sensitivity problem.
Put 'option casemap:none' after the .model line
or use the /Cp switch when compiling
Posted on 2002-04-23 14:47:26 by grv575
f0dder,

====================
Hutch, if you made your l2inc tool add "stdcall" to all the protos, it would be possible to use other calling conventions for ones main assembly files
====================

The problem here is compatibility, MASM32 is designed around using STDCALL specs in the source file and where you need C calling convention, you specify it as in wsprintfA.

Changing the existing system would break hundreds of thousands of programs that use the existing system which in itself works well.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-04-23 18:52:50 by hutch--
Actually it would break nothing. The current includes *require*
that you set the global calling convention to stdcall. However, you
can always override this in procs and protos... which means adding
"stdcall" to all the win32 api protos (except the Ccall ones like
wsprintf*), would mean that one could choose whatever internal
calling convention desired for whatever reason, without breaking
any existing applications.
Posted on 2002-04-23 20:29:29 by f0dder

Yeah it looks like a case sensitivity problem.
Put 'option casemap:none' after the .model line
or use the /Cp switch when compiling

grv575, I have used this switch in my program, however, I don't know why it doesn't work as I think. It seems that the structure, the union and Record have been different from the previous version.
Hutch, Just now, I have reinstall my masm v7.0, however, It happen the same errors to me with the ml.exe v6.14. So I think that maybe the Windows.inc has some errors. BTW, would you send the files under include directory in your machine to me. Last night, I have found that some structures or unions or records have be redeclared exactly. such as CREATE_THREAD_DEBUG_INFO, etc. I don't know why such errors happen to me if including windows.inc in my program.

Best regards,
Michael
Posted on 2002-04-23 20:38:29 by michael_lgx
These errors are all my fault. For one of my this program have to open the M510 switch, however, after I close this switch, it has succeed passing without any errors and warnings.

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,
Michael
Posted on 2002-04-23 21:13:52 by michael_lgx