Hi KetilO,

Your job is very good, great! I want to tell you a few suggestion and a bug. First the bug; in Dialog Editor "Tabstop" choice has no effect, always "True". And suggestions, again for Dialog Editor, Style and ExStyle has a lot of options but does not show all of flags meaning for what(SS_SUNKEN, ES_READONLY,...), also "Flat Edit" has no effect, the same as "3D-Look". I wish we can also freely pick those styles without Properties. I mean there would be an option, for example for an edit control, there is an option that "I will choice all myself" from "Style" or "ExStyle", not built-in true-false, flat,TabStop... etc. Because as mentioned, sometimes those options has different effect which from expected. Sometimes it is mixing both chosen style and built-in options. For this example, I failed to create an edit control which has WS_EX_STATICEDGE | ES_READONLY style. Although RadAsm is best. It would be nice if we can be edit created dialogs or can be import. Maybe wrote many things but am repeating this is most reliable, as far as possible "RAD for ASM". Thanks for this good job.

Regards
Posted on 2002-04-23 19:37:10 by cakmak
Hi cakmak

Problem with dialogboxes is that windows overrides some of your choices.
An edit control or push button always gets tabstop.
An edit control cannot be made flat and so on.

Some styles just must be set at runtime, or you can use RadASM's dialog to window addin and create code from a dialogbox.

You can override RadASM's styles by using the tool xStyle and xExStyle in property tool.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-23 20:07:05 by KetilO
Hi all

After creating a little test project I realize that it is probably not windows but rc.exe that overrides selected styles. Maybe there exist a resource compiler that does not do this?
I have included a test project that builds a dialogbox from memory to show this.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-24 03:45:30 by KetilO
KetilO your right its fault of rc.exe, i've checked the grorc and the same thing happen :(
maybe anyone else know some other resource compilers and can test them
Posted on 2002-04-24 06:27:24 by NEMO
Hi NEMO

Jeremy Gordon has his GoRC, I would like to try it but cannot access his server for some reason.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-24 06:37:01 by KetilO
i've tried it already, but try again 'couse i might do something wrong.
i've attached the GoRC. maybe U'll come up with something...
:alright:
Posted on 2002-04-24 06:42:14 by NEMO
Hi NEMO

Thanks,

GoRC had a help file that shows you can ues NOT to remove unwanted styles. I did not know that. It works for RC.EXE too.
Great!. I think have some modifications to do in RadASM.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-24 07:19:38 by KetilO
i see...
at next time i will read the doc's first.
thanx and good luck with the modifications :)
Posted on 2002-04-24 07:29:26 by NEMO
Hi KetilO,

In fact I tested this via "brcc32" not "rc", this is for tasm. Anyway, I was succesfully done the style what I mentioned(via "rc.exe" too!). Simply I can create a dialog without setting focus on edit box. I just can not do this by RadAsm(1106). Surely, I can avoid tabstop for buttons too(if I didn't understand wrong). Meanwhile, I want to say that, is RadAsm's this features looks like Ewayne's ResEdit features, and I can also this with it.
I added my terrible test dialog(if you wish!). In eaxmple, only one button can set focus and edit is too, also edit has ES_READONLY and WS_EX_STATICEDGE styles.

Regards
Posted on 2002-04-24 23:07:14 by cakmak
Hi cakmak

I recently uploaded a bugfix. My asumptions that it was windows that override sytles was in part wrong. Here is a test project made in RadASM, very simular to yours.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-25 03:15:30 by KetilO