First of all, I would like to thank Hiroshimator for having created this great forum.

I would also like to thank THE 2 great ASM programmers: Iczelion (that seems to be very busy, but recently he updated his site) and Hutch. I really thank Iczelion especially for his tutorials (that I looked first) and Hutch (for his great MASM32 package that people contribute to the development).

I would also thank all the programmers, even the newbies, everybody here !!:alright:

And I really appreciate all the people who respect the rules of this forum.
I also wanted to say, that the help that people offer for free, just to help people, that's very great! I like this way of helping people, we are a kinda community (Hiroshimator used the good domain name!!;) ).

to sum up the message: GREAT is the best word !!
bye and good night ! (it's 11h13 pm here in France)

Thomas VIDAL

I would like to add that it's great to see many people coming from everywhere on the earth...
(English is not so bad, French is rather better :tongue: )
Posted on 2002-04-26 16:13:30 by Vom-bonjour:-()
hmmm i wonder how it is in france. did you grow up on english or did you have to learn it aside from French? i'm a very curious american:confused:
Posted on 2002-04-26 16:35:07 by Guy on ASM
well, I've just learned English at school, and also thanks to this forum ;)

Thomas
Posted on 2002-04-26 16:38:23 by Vom-bonjour:-()
wow thats nice. is English a easy language for you?
Posted on 2002-04-26 18:49:19 by Guy on ASM
a lot of us europeans do not speak english as their native language, n'est-ce pas Thomas? J'ai visit? ton site, il est vraiment super :alright:
Posted on 2002-04-26 18:52:11 by Hiroshimator
It was very hard to learn french for me, now, after I gave up 3 years ago, it seems like I've forgotten everything...

English is much easier for me :) (Even if there's much room for improvements)

Just had a look at your Multilanguage :) You tried to translate words like "Button" to German, that's useless because "Button" is already German ;)
I know that you have your own words (in french) for all these things and I think it's good! Todays German is a mix of English and German :(
Posted on 2002-04-27 03:59:59 by Matthias Pfau
Attached an overworked Mlanguage.rc :)
Posted on 2002-04-27 04:11:16 by Matthias Pfau

81 "Support multilangage"
82 "Multilanguage support"
83 "Unterst?tzung von mehreren Sprachen"

Is the first one correct? My french knowledge says "no" :)

And I'd take "Mehrsprachen Unterst?tzung" as the German translation. :rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-04-27 04:39:06 by bazik
You guys are lucky, you may learn to speak English, once you have mastered Australian, you will NEVER speak English. :tongue:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-04-27 05:12:55 by hutch--
You guys are lucky, you may learn to speak English, once you have mastered Australian, you will NEVER speak English.

That would mean you haven't mastered Australian!? Wait, that can't be right... :)

We have to learn how to read German, French, and English (and Latin, but that's just my choice of school :rolleyes: ) and we have to be able to speak/write English too. And of course we learn how to speak French / German too, but that's very minimal.
I think I'm very lucky to have lived in the US (Los Gatos, Calif.) for two years, because now I don't have to attend classes to speak English. I just get a straight A+ for everything :) Well actually I get a 10, but that's a A+ in you grading system (IIRC :) )
Posted on 2002-04-27 06:48:02 by Qweerdy
- Guy on ASM: For me, English is not so hard to learn (well I've been learning English for about 8 years at school), but maybe Assembly is much easier...;) I really like this language! I love French one too ;)

- Hiroshimator: you're right, here in France or in Belgium (in ?uropeans coutries in general, except UK:grin: ), English is not our native language, we can just learn it at school or by spending lot of time in England.
Et merci pour mon site, c'est sympa !:alright:

- Matthias Pfau: I agree that French is very hard to learn, even if it's my native language, but German is much harder I think (I still learn it at school (it's the last year I'm learning German)), and I don't really manage to write/speak German, I find it sehr sehr hart !!:)
And thanks for the "button" word, I just translated it with a software... I will change it...

- bAZiK: well, the first is right, but in French we could maybe say something else as "Support multilangue", well it's quite better.
What would you say in French for that (as your knowledge says "no" ??
Thanks too for the German translation for this, as for "button", I used a translation software so...;)

- Hutch: as Qweerdy wrote, haven't you mastered Australian, isn't it like English ?? I thought Australian was exactly the same as English !!
And if you want, you could add the multilanguage prog into the next ServicePack of MASM32V7...

- Qweerdy: maybe I will be glad to live in US too, but I don't really know if I will go there one day... I've so many things to do here in France, there are lots of things to do, like visiting buildings, watching beautiful landscape...

I really thanks all guys here (even women, are there women here on this forum, learning assembly or practising it ???).
Thanks for the answers, you all are cool !!

Thomas
Posted on 2002-04-27 07:10:18 by Vom-bonjour:-()
- Matthias Pfau: I agree that French is very hard to learn, even if it's my native language, but German is much harder I think (I still learn it at school (it's the last year I'm learning German)), and I don't really manage to write/speak German, I find it sehr sehr hart !!:)

That's true, German must be very hard to learn if it's not your native lang...
I also think it was a right decision to stop learning German at school because chances a pretty low that you'll ever need it...
And if you'll need it, then you already got the basics and you'll learn it very fast when you're over here and have to speak German all the time...
Posted on 2002-04-27 07:52:03 by Matthias Pfau
i like how he answered the question like that. imma use that as my skeleton question answering thread =)
Posted on 2002-04-27 10:21:20 by Guy on ASM

You guys are lucky, you may learn to speak English, once you have mastered Australian, you will NEVER speak English. :tongue:

LOL, hutch--... I was reading a travel guide about Australia the other day. I'm still laughing about eating mystery bags and bum nuts for breakfast.

:grin:

Cheers,

-Chalain
(Who is american but still says 'cheers' at people)
Posted on 2002-04-27 13:01:32 by Chalain
When I was born people spoke portuguese to me. This facts occurs until to day. I have a big job when I have to speak (write) english. I prefer speak Assembly...

Regards,

Apr 29,
wolfao

P.S. Is true that french people carries bread under their arm without package? Sorry but that is funny, hehe, not ofensive friends.
Posted on 2002-04-29 12:49:16 by wolfao
You guys are lucky, you may learn to speak English, once you have mastered Australian

In my sity a have several freind, native English speaker mostly,
the Canadians and the Americans.
One of them - Nill - is Australian. Sometime when we gather and talk I am as kinda translater, cause not all of the rest my freinds could always understand his words.
But it happens mostly not 'cause of his English grammar, slang etc. , but for his pronunciation.
It is problem moslty for the Americans, the Canadians can understand him better. I don't have problems with any of their accents.
As for structure and Grammar I prefer the Canadian's English, it is more close to British we all in Russia got used to.
But sound itself Australian English is more musical for me.
Talking of accents I was absolutly facinated by Irish accent :)
When I heard how Irish English sound I started looking for any records with native Irish (not Irish English). And having found it
in some music records and movies epizodes I was like under some
magic spell, I listent to it again and again.
Never had a chance to learn it though :)
Posted on 2002-04-29 13:15:55 by The Svin