I dont want to screw anything up. Should I put the includes and libs in the MASM32 /include and /lib directories without any problems? I noticed some duplicate names.

Your tutorials look nice. Nice easy assem, not like all those(icky) C++ dx8 tuts I already looked at.

Thanks.

:stupid:
Posted on 2002-04-28 10:06:04 by ThoughtCriminal
Afternoon, ThoughtCriminal.

Any include/lib files there are the ones I used for assembling those examples at that particular time (they may (probably?) have been changed slightly over time, though). If you wish to play it safe and *not* have the possibility of breaking other examples/proggys that you've got, then I'd advise putting them into another directory (i.e. includes/DX8, libs/DX8) and updating the paths for the include and lib files at the top of each example appropriately.

This would have to be done if you wish to be able to muck about with the stuff I've done, as well as Calebs' stuff.

Note: I was continuously updating the files while I was making newer examples over a few weeks/months, so some of the DX8 examples may not assemble immediately. The DX8.1 stuff was uploaded on the same day, so they should *all* work.

The DX8.1 stuff was made using the wrong libs, though. I was using a mixture of VC/C++6 and VC/C++7 libs (that's why I've got that msvcr70.dll warning), so if you've got the normal VC/C++6 libs, most of the examples could just have the include stuff like this:

include \masm32\include\windows.inc

include \masm32\include\masm32.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\masm32.lib

include \masm32\include\winmm.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\winmm.lib

include \masm32\include\kernel32.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\kernel32.lib

include \masm32\include\user32.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\user32.lib

include \masm32\include\gdi32.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\gdi32.lib

includelib \masm32\lib\advapi32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\msvcrt.lib

include \masm32\include\d3dx8.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\d3dx8.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\d3d8.lib

include \masm32\include\winextra.def

Just remember, if you're using D3DX APIs, to have the libci.lib file in the same directory as the proggy. I made most of these examples able to be reassembled by just using the default "Project->Build All" .bat file in QEditor, so there isn't an additional PATH in place to point to the masm32 lib directory.

Your tutorials look nice. Nice easy assem, not like all those(icky) C++ dx8 tuts I already looked at.

heh. I guess you haven't looked at that DolphinVS example yet :tongue: . That's when the format of the proggys change, because I started on the M$ VC++ stuff.

If you're still having problems, then let me know (even if it's just to clarify what I've dribbled about, above). It's the old case of "once it's set up, you don't have to touch it again", so once you've got a few of the examples reassembling and running fine, then you'll be able to get all of the rest working as well.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-04-28 17:28:03 by Scronty