bAZiK, no problem. Would you like to be able to read them in the source, or should I obfuscate it with macros and cryptic code? :tongue:
Posted on 2002-05-01 11:48:47 by bitRAKE

bAZiK, no problem. Would you like to be able to read them in the source, or should I obfuscate it with macros and cryptic code? :tongue:

Hmm... every code your brain produces consits of macros and cryptic code only :)
Posted on 2002-05-01 12:04:50 by bazik

Hmm... every code your brain produces consits of macros and cryptic code only :)
Hehehe...wonder what would come out if I tried to be cryptic? :eek:
Posted on 2002-05-01 12:08:36 by bitRAKE

Hehehe...wonder what would come out if I tried to be cryptic? :eek:

svinRAKE.

:grin:
Posted on 2002-05-01 12:23:40 by bazik
I've added the missing feature that KetilO mentioned above and a cheat for bAZiK (can anyone figure it out?). It should be easier to make some changes - like I will be making a larger version so I don't have to change the screen resolution. Thanks, KetilO for the fun! :alright:

Challenge to everyone: What is the shortest key combo for the cheat? It's really not that hard to write a little program to figure it out. And if you have used many console game cheats, you should know this one - it's very common.
Posted on 2002-05-03 19:57:15 by bitRAKE
Hey KetilO,

Thanks for the learning experience. Great that you post source so we all can learn something. One of the fun things about assembler is there is always something new to learn. There is always someone who has a better way to do things or a more elegant method, faster, etc.

Btw, these games are fun too! I probably won't thank you in the end cuz I'm using all my time playing games now instead of studying :)

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2002-05-04 11:45:49 by czDrillard
Am I doing this right? This is my first post. Sorry for the
bandwidth abuse, just bear with me, I do have some good to
contribute. Ya Darn Newbie!!! (me)
Posted on 2002-05-04 22:29:35 by Bighillwill
OK, well, that worked. Here goes. I'll just dive right in!
Hey KetilO! Man, thanx for the download post Aliens! LOL*10! What a Hoot! HAAAA HAA HAHA HAHA!
I've managed to digest Iczelion's tutes to halfway thru Ch 6 (Darn those newbies!) , and I actually understood a little over half of your .asm! This is WAYbetter than anything I have been able to find so far for learning.
Most of the "source code" I have been able to find on Googler has been either not actual source, or, won't run on my " cookin'
150 Mhz" 98se, Blaster graphics card dinosaur machine. That goes for C++ too, BTW. ((DIE! C++ Infidel, DIE!) (some people
have no sense of humor!)(I thought that particular post
was hilarious)(Oh, sorry, wrong thread))
You are correct to tell newbies like me to try to search this forum.
I have answered many of my own questions right here, DEATH
TO ALL HOMEWORK! That's a joke, please don't flame me unless
you must.
I don't see any thread or even off the subject stuff that includes
KUDOS, so, THANKS EVERYONE!!! Especially NaN, I hope I didn't
use too much of your bandwidth. And Hutch, Hiro, Svin(where
does he .doc his DWORD??? Cool!) And Icz. Many more not
I mention.
Sorry about this length, not much help to anyone.
Posted on 2002-05-04 23:50:29 by Bighillwill
oops, sorry Svin. I just read my post and saw it sounded weird.
I just meant that I get a kick out of your syntax in English.
No insult intended.
Posted on 2002-05-05 00:00:23 by Bighillwill
:)
It' s OK.
I assume you meant my English spelling by "syntax"?
My Russian spelling is even worse.
May be that's why I choose assember.
All words short. 3 letters mostly.
Posted on 2002-05-05 00:52:25 by The Svin

These posts are getting kind of bland, let us not confuse this forum with The Heap, these latest posts have nothing to do specifically or directly with win32asm... it is more of advertisment for your game than anything else.

Any code which uses MASM and runs on Windows IS win32asm. It's a nice tutorial. I wonder if you worried about Ketil's RadASM too? ;)

Giovanni
Posted on 2002-05-05 16:15:42 by sch.jnn
Congratulations!

This code helped a lot.
Posted on 2002-05-06 18:10:27 by wolfao
As no one figured out the cheat:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right

You need to fire between the keys, and it only works at the begining of the game! I thought for sure one of those 31337 boys here would have jumped at the chance to figure it out?
Posted on 2002-05-27 13:21:24 by bitRAKE
if you only had a "B" and "A" key (not to mention a select and start key) you'd have the contra code :)

Going old school..
Sliver
Posted on 2002-05-27 13:57:40 by Sliver
Yeah, that is what I said above - it is very close to many console codes. I haven't actually checked to see if there are other solutions to the algo. :tongue:
Posted on 2002-05-27 14:05:54 by bitRAKE
Hi KetilO

Great games you have made, thanks !

It's good that you have added the source code,
so one can learn a thing or two....

How can you make the screen in FULL SCREEN SIZE ?

Thanks again:alright: :alright: :alright:
Posted on 2002-05-28 05:01:01 by The SharK