Kudos
NaN it's looking good and I havn't managed to crash it yet
But I just tried wordwrap and the text disapeared.

EDIT:
hmm I just notice when a bitmap is set Blue and Red background color is inverted

I havent implemented wordwrap anymore. Will code it up at the end of the project. Its not too high on *my* important list. But i will attempt to suport it.

The color change is how the 'blend' works.

bitRAKE
Very cool effect. I think it would be cool to have an animated background behind the text - nothing fancy or fast moving - just a slowing evolving abstraction

Ya maybe when i use it in a final editor, i will suport a timed change of background bitmaps from a user selection of pictures (like desktop programs work).

As well, I think this effect is way cool :) . It turned out better than i imagioned it would be in the first place. Thanks again for you help with the MMX code.

:NaN:
Posted on 2002-05-06 11:00:22 by NaN

Anyone have "control" wishes?

Yes.

Ctrl+Y cuts the line where the cursor is on into clipboard. This was an advanced feature from WordStar 3 and is still present in all M$ development kits. Yech :)

Block tabbing with Tab and Shift-Tab.

Giovanni
Posted on 2002-05-06 13:21:11 by sch.jnn
Never heard of the CTRL-Y, but its would be ez to implement (since each line is a link in a linked list).

As for block tabing, is this for (a) select a 'block' and (b)SHIFT TAB to align it all??? (Im not familiar with this).

NaN
Posted on 2002-05-06 16:01:30 by NaN
Never heard of the CTRL-Y

Are you jocking?
Maybe you also never heard of Far,NC,Findonet GoldEd etc,etc.
100s of con editors?
Posted on 2002-05-06 16:04:38 by The Svin
Actually,

*NO* :rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-05-06 16:05:41 by NaN
Posted on 2002-10-02 02:27:13 by Maverick
Nice...

Thanx Maverick... i was surprised to see this thread resurface ;)

I dont have time to read it now at the moment, but i will definitely print it off for the future ;)

The project has not been terminated, but on hold (untill i can overcome the massive learning curve at work ~ i come home every night wasted, and all i manage to really do i eat, and sleep). However, im finding myself getting a bit more *able* since Im finding time to log on a little more often...

At anyrate.. thanx for the thought, much appreciated.

:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2002-10-02 23:49:22 by NaN
Hi NaN,
You're always wellcome. :alright:
Posted on 2002-10-03 01:57:29 by Maverick
.data
array dd 0
NumOfObjects dd 0
MemoryTaken dd 0
.code

AddObject proc uses ecx edx
local temp
inc NumOfObjects
mov eax,sizeof Object
mov ecx,NumOfObjects
mul ecx
.if eax>MemoryTaken
mov MemoryTaken,eax
invoke HeapReAlloc,Heap1,HEAP_ZERO_MEMORY,array,eax
mov array,eax
mov eax,MemoryTaken
mov ecx,eax
shr ecx,12
mov edx,ecx
shl ecx,12
.if eax>ecx
inc edx
.endif
shl edx,12
mov MemoryTaken,edx
mov edx,array
mov eax,NumOfObjects
dec eax
shr eax,2
add eax,edx
ret ; returns the address of the newly created object
AddObject endp

This procedure resizes the memory only of the 4k page is over, and we need to take another. I think C++ uses similar proc when creating a new class.
This proc can be used in dynamically resizable strings, too, like the one you need.
Deleting an object will be similar to creatiion, but you need to move some memory carefully.
Posted on 2002-10-04 16:44:35 by Ultrano