Alright, I'm a newbie to assembly, windows programing and this forum (Hello everyone). I need some help with WC_TABCONTROL.

I've been working with example files and help files and tutorials for windows and templates and ..... Anyway I havn't been able to get tabs to work. I would be very appreciated if someone could point me to a nice assembly tutorial on it or send me a template with like three already created tabs. Most examples I find for windows programing are in c/c++ or visual basic or other stuff.

Also, I havn't been able to get to Iczelion's latley, I was wondering if it moved or if its just my compter.

I think thats it, thanks in advance for any help.
Posted on 2002-04-29 19:31:44 by loplin
Welcome loplin,

There is a tutorial on tab controls, pretty straight forward really. Its was posted originally on Iczelions site (where i found it anyways). But i've attached it here as well.

Iczelion's site is in 'flux' but its mirror are still active. One is:

http://spiff.tripnet.se/~iczelion/

Hope this helps you!
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2002-04-29 20:36:22 by NaN
A little note: that example crashes on my win2k machine so it might not be the best example :) I don't know of others in asm, the wshook program on my site uses tabcontrols, it's written in plain C but should be easy to convert.

Thomas
Posted on 2002-04-30 02:59:02 by Thomas
Ewayne has a couple of programs dealing with tabs:

http://asmedit.massmind.org/
Posted on 2002-04-30 03:09:31 by gscundiff
Thomas,
it is the same problem as 98% other crashes -
Win callback dlg proc uses ebx, but doesn't save\restore it :)
The funny thing is that I report it to the author almost a year ago.
Nothing changed since the time.
Posted on 2002-04-30 03:09:45 by The Svin
Hi loplin

Here is an example that does not chrash.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-04-30 03:29:44 by KetilO
Hmmm... I seem to remember testing it before i uploaded it. This 98se feels cushioned... :grin:

:NaN:
Posted on 2002-04-30 04:26:07 by NaN
:) Well, thanks for all the help, and so soon. I appreciate the speed.
Posted on 2002-04-30 17:27:33 by loplin
I know one example in TASM -> Chris Dragan's CPU identification utility. :)
Posted on 2002-04-30 17:31:46 by stryker