i would like to know if there is someone coding an IRC client, and if so, how's going, some infos about the client too (like... use of RICHEDIT ?)... i know that someone is coding one ;)

cyu & thanks in advance.

Jean
Posted on 2002-05-02 12:35:21 by coder
Not at the minute but I have considerd coding one for a future project. Is there interest, dose anyone want a new IRC client?
Posted on 2002-05-02 13:02:44 by Kudos
dose anyone want a new IRC client?

you bet! ... i ask this...coz when i got some time after the school i may code one. I dislike most of the scripts out there... they sux. I can't record a CD on NERO and talk on mirc at the same time coz mirc "eats" too many HD performance, and processor time i think (nero stops recordig coz... buffer underun). If it was coded in assembly it's going to be much more faster. But... thats just a project, and i don't wanna start this if someone is now coding another that can be enough for me.

:alright:

(edit) PS: the sub-scripts (like plug-ings) of the client may be like normal plug-ins not ofering another script language, just some DLL, with PlugInMessage() export function or alike. We can discuss ideias here :)
Posted on 2002-05-02 15:53:21 by coder
I wrote an IRC bot a while back, to handle some cases where I needed more power than mIRC could give me. I wrote it in Python, however, as speed wasn't such an issue for me. :)

I'm a total assembly newbie, but I'd be happy to chatter about the RFC's with you...

Cheers,

-Chalain
Posted on 2002-05-02 16:16:31 by Chalain
well... i'm gonna start with the EDIT code. I would like to know about some ideas/improvenments that i could apply, i put here the source. It have a bug i can't find the problem. Its on PAGE_DOWN/UP scrollbar message, probably i forgot something.
If someone could help me... tanks.

PS: if some moderator cold change the title of the thread to "AIRC an IRC Client" tnkx. (just to i don't start another thread i can take in advance this one)

bye
Posted on 2002-05-06 12:36:53 by coder
I'm new to asm, but I've been on irc longer than I've been on the internet!  I would love to help contribute if at all posible.

-#2pencil-
Posted on 2005-08-19 14:14:00 by number2pencil
Posted on 2005-08-19 14:35:31 by Ultrano