Hi all,

I am new to win32asm. I should say, I am extrememely new to it. Could anyone point me to good books on win32asm for complete newbies? I have read Charles Petzold's Windows programming in C, and an old DOS asm book, but win32asm looks like a complete new beast to me (more like a mixture of both books mentioned above). After reading the first tutorial by I'z.. (sorry can't remember his name, but I'm sure you know who I mean... his tutorials are in this forum), I realized I had to start from scratch. Well, to me the code for the first windows program in win32asm looks pretty much like a HLL... apart from the.386, .model flat and mov instructions. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, not at all. I'm just trying to say that this is very different from what I expected.

Thanx a lot,

Droluar
Posted on 2002-05-08 10:23:30 by Droluar
there aren't any. if you have Petzold's that as good as it gets.
Posted on 2002-05-08 10:27:02 by Hiroshimator
It is gonna be harder than I expected then. Thanx anyway

Droluar
Posted on 2002-05-08 10:35:05 by Droluar
None of it is hard... (well maybe writing WDM's). It all just takes time. Dont expect to be going coding crazy by the end of next week ;)

A recient new commer had a decient background before he can and had a tone of asm related questions. It might be worth your while to review them:

Look at the last bunch on the list by Chalain.

As well, Thomas had made some highly recomended tutorials of the basics of assembly. Check his page out at:

www.madwizard.org

Good luck!
NaN
Posted on 2002-05-08 13:32:38 by NaN
Thanx very much for your help... now, this forum is turnning one the most helpfulls I've ever been to. (I actually have been to 4 counting this). Seriously. Thank you very much

Droluar
Posted on 2002-05-08 13:42:30 by Droluar