Hi

Little program i have is not showing buttons under XP (in the bottom part of program are 4 buttons), but they are visible under any other MS OS. The question is...where is the problem and why this is the problem?
:mad:

stanks
Posted on 2002-05-10 01:27:36 by stanks
I have no clue what you're talking about... I'm guessing no one else does either...

Why not clarify with either source or a visual...

Sliver
Posted on 2002-05-10 02:36:38 by Sliver
I had a similar problem with a dialog box showing a very strange treeview control and no border with XP. Problem was stack needs to be DWORD aligned (wasn't in this case due to a program error elsewhere). Windows 9x had no problems.

Another possible reason is modified ebx, esi, edi in the dialog proc.
Posted on 2002-05-10 05:23:13 by japheth
Not OK image from XP:

and this is OK on all other MS OS products:

Where is the problem?

stanks
Posted on 2002-05-10 14:35:17 by stanks
The problem is obviously that your buttons aren't visible.

Another problem is that I am not magic, so I cant pull a magic solution like INVOKE ShowXPButtons out of a hat without more information.

One situation that happens frequently under XP is that anything done which doesn't conform to SDK documentation can cause funny effects as XP 'enforces' the SDK.
Posted on 2002-05-10 22:23:40 by huh

The problem is obviously that your buttons aren't visible.

Another problem is that I am not magic, so I cant pull a magic solution like INVOKE ShowXPButtons out of a hat without more information.

One situation that happens frequently under XP is that anything done which doesn't conform to SDK documentation can cause funny effects as XP 'enforces' the SDK.

Hi huh

I use visual editor (from RadASM of course) for doing this dialog with all buttons, edit boxes, groups, etc. and no CreateWindow or ShowXPButtons functions. And this dialog is called with DialogBoxParam function. This little program work ok on every possible Win9x, ME, 2k windows versions, but not on XP. I wrote it on 95, compile it on 2k, and work ok. And yes i know that my buttons are not visible :D

stanks
Posted on 2002-05-11 01:50:03 by stanks