I get the above error with dll nvqtwk.dll. LoadLibrary returns 0, GetLastError returns 0x1F. I would like to know what this error means in this context.

some technical infos:

The dll references only win32 core dlls like kernel32, user32, shell32 and all dlls/imports are available in system directory. The file isnt corrupted, dumpbin sees no errors, file size is at it should be. File align is 0x1000, linker is version 6.

The dll entry point isn't reached during the load attempt.

japheth
Posted on 2002-05-10 05:11:43 by japheth
Here is my source I used to test this. The jinuq.inc file just contains the proto for the HandleError proc. I am running Win2k Sp2. It might be helpful if you post your code as well.

jInuQ

"Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -Erica Jong
Posted on 2002-05-10 16:25:36 by jInuQ
thanks jInuQ,

meanwhile the problem is not solved, but recognized. The dll in question missed an export from user32.dll (function ChangeDisplaySettingsEx). So the dll needs Win98 at least and I was running Win95b. But the dll (part of a video driver) was installed by a regular setup prog and it was supposed to be a regular win95 driver (NVidea).
Posted on 2002-05-11 12:01:16 by japheth