where can i get a big tutorial on how to make windows in windows??
must cover almost every thing.
Posted on 2002-05-10 23:51:36 by Qages
i have yet to see a tutorial about that. if you have the masm32 package, goto the masm32\example4\MULTIWIN directory. there is a coded example which explains alot.
Posted on 2002-05-10 23:58:19 by smurf
To me is it a bit of an unspecified question. Every window is littered with other windows. The close button is another window. Scroll Bars, Edit controls, buttons, etc.

While i think smurf's sugestion is a good start, i dont know specifically what your looking to learn.

BTW: on Windows 98SE, the menu isnt attaching in this example, i recompiled it, but still no luck. I thought this was odd, and should mention it.

:NaN:
Posted on 2002-05-11 00:43:32 by NaN
i know how to display a window, but whats a window for with out controls,captions, text boxes etc! how do i add these and prossess there messages and send them messages?
Posted on 2002-05-11 00:54:12 by Qages
Same as an normal window. Register the child window to a SECOND winproc in the WNDCLASSEX, and form here add buttons, controls, etc. in the WM_CREATE as you would in any other type of window program. THis much *is* shown in the example that smurf has given you.

:NaN:
Posted on 2002-05-11 00:58:27 by NaN