I know Get method send data in part of url but I was wondering how Post method works....

And is there other way I can send data directly to the target cgi instead of submitting certain forms ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Luck All
Posted on 2002-05-14 15:36:59 by Gandalf
The HTTP GET method does indeed send variables in the URL unless you choose type=hidden, in which case any hidden variables will NOT appear in the URL but will be sent in the HTTP Header. The same applies for the POST method , except that ALL variables are hidden by default, ie, ALL data is sent in the Header, and NONE appears in the URL.
It is the job of the webserver to parse the HTTP Header which you sent to it, so as far as we are concerned, the ONLY difference between the two Methods is the fact that the User can't see anything in the URL address bar.
Posted on 2002-05-18 00:08:46 by Homer
EvilHomer2k is right but the data is not sent as a header, but as the message body:

POST /search.php HTTP/1.1
Host: [url]www.a-search-engine-or-something.com[/url]
Connection: close
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 23

[COLOR=red]query=win32asm+tutorial[/COLOR]

The red data is the message body. It's the same as would appear after the question mark in the URL when GET is used, except for that you don't see it in your browser and that it can take much more data than in the URL (most servers/browsers limit the URL length).

Also take a look at my code in this thread:
http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=4891

Thomas
Posted on 2002-05-18 03:28:03 by Thomas