Yep, it's cool. Uh, except for these couple of little glitches I had. Picky Picky Picky! :grin:
Like The Svin mentioned, I didn't like the output box popping up and distracting me,
so I sqweezed it down into a tiny box and moved it up into a corner out
of the way. Then, when I tried to assemble again, it ran away and won't come back!
Did I hurt its feelings? Where did it go? How do I say "I'm sorry?"

Another one: While working through Iczelion's Tutes I built and ran a program.
Of course, it didn't run right the first time - mine never do! :tongue: so I
fixed some typos and stuff, and when I tried to save the changes it told me my file was
write protected! So I shut down all apps and went in and deleted it.
The recycle bin told me the same thing! I can move it around, but can't change, delete,
or rename it. How can I keep this from happening again? And if it's not against
the no-h****r rules to ask, how can I get rid of it? It has the words "child window"
in the name, does this have anything to do with it?

OK, last one. Where are the word lists for the hilighting? I can see the C0 list in
the editor color options box, but where are C1 thru C9?

Hope no one takes my dumb questions as bitching, cause Radasm is Way Cool! :alright:
Posted on 2002-05-15 13:17:17 by Bighillwill
I don't know about the first questions, except to agree that the periodic popping up of the output screen is annoying. The syntax highlighting words are in masm.ini in the root dir of the radasm dir. Unless of course you're using tasm, in which case I'd assume they're in tasm.ini. But then again, you're following Icz's tuts so it's probably safe to assume that you're using masm. ....in which case I'm just rambling so I'd better just stop. :)
Posted on 2002-05-15 13:43:06 by Will
You couldn't get the output window to come back by selecting it from the View menu? Maybe, there is another error in FlipCase Addin - I'll take a look when I get home.

Hint: rarely do anyones programs run without errors - I tend to debug as I go - using a combination of Vkim's debug window and OllyDbg.

I've had the undeletable file thing before, and it means some program is using the file - usually a hung application. Most times I can fing the bugger and terminate it, but sometimes it requires a reboot/logoff.

The highlight words can be accessed by clicking on the color values for C1-C9 and selecting cancel - the words will appear in the list box. Kind of strange interface, but changes are rarely needed (I compiled the words in the INI file :)).
Posted on 2002-05-15 13:50:25 by bitRAKE
Thanks a lot, 4oh4 and bitRake!

Output Window: Nop, can't find it, even with shut down and reboot, all that. When I click it in the view menu it doesn't toggle the checkmark, and doesn't show up either. I even tried minimizing the active files to see if ti was hiding back there. Nope!

Write protected file: Already tried reboot and stuff, also <ctr><alt><del>, can't find where it might be active. Hmmm.... :confused:

Hilight Word Lists: Oh! There they are! :tongue: Told ya it was a dumb question! LOL!
Posted on 2002-05-15 14:29:35 by Bighillwill
Hi Bighillwill

There probably is something wrong with the RadASM.ini file.

Try to edit it and replace the section with the following:

Maximized=0
Left=5
Top=5
Width=790
Height=590
ToolBar=1
StatusBar=1
;ToolWindow=
;Visible, (TRUE/FALSE)
;Docked, (TRUE/FALSE)
;Pos, (Left=1,Top=2,Right=3,Bottom=4)