Hi Ketilo

In visual editor in radasm static box is not long enough. Can you change that?

stanks
Posted on 2002-05-17 12:34:04 by stanks
hi I'me not abosolutely certain which aspect of the static control your referring to...
the static control cna be made as wide as you need it to be...
If your referring to the caption in RadAsm then KetilO has limited the string length but you can set it at runtime to whatever you want...
Posted on 2002-05-20 04:53:03 by MArtial_Code
Hi

I am talking about visual editor. When you draw static box, and then when you want to enter some text, this text is somehow limit. In Visual studio editor is not.

stanks
Posted on 2002-05-20 15:31:07 by stanks
The text you enter for the static control's caption is limited to 31 characters in Radasm. However you can change the caption when your program runs by

invoke SetWindowText,hStatic,offset szLongStaticCaption

or

invoke SendMessage,hStatic,WM_SETTEXT,NULL,offset szLongStaticCaption

the above bit of code will allow you to set the caption of the static control to anything you want. hStatic is the handle of the static control, and szLongStaticCaption is an arbitrarily long NULL terminated string.

to obtain the static controls handle, if it's part of a dialog box then do

invoke GetDlgItem,hDlg,IDS_STATIC

hDlg is the handle of the dialig containing the static control
IDS_STATIC is the ID which you assigned to the static control

There's no way to set the caption in RadASM beyond 31 characters. However what you can do is manually edit the .rc file which RadASM produces to include the string you want.
Posted on 2002-05-21 04:07:32 by MArtial_Code
Hi stanks

My next release will allow captions of 191 characters. Unfortunally this will make the .dlg files not backwards compatible. All the code to do this is in place in 1.1.0.6, so I only need to change a couple of constants. Old .dlg files will be automaticly converted to the new format when changes is made to the dialogbox.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-02 06:30:19 by KetilO
What wemt wrong, my reply did not show ???
Posted on 2002-06-02 06:36:32 by KetilO