Microsoft with Windows XP released GDI+ but with it they have wraped the DLL functions with C 'method::classes' in the SDK.

How would I go about writing an app which supported GDI+ or is there a (deliberate) lack of information from MS on the subject?

Cheers
Posted on 2002-05-20 20:02:37 by huh
Not too much on this front :(

I think, at the moment, if you want to really find out what it's doing...

Take one of the simple examples in the sdk and compile it with the (compile to asm source) switch on...

This is was the best advice that I've been able to find... Unfortunately this might/might not be the advice your looking for...

Sliver
Posted on 2002-05-20 21:43:38 by Sliver
Thats what im thinking of at the moment. Looking at the exports of 'Gdiplus.dll' most of its functions seem to be exported as API's but I really specs on the parameters of the functions need to be given to make any use of these.

If I really wanted to I could make a C library implementing the wrappers to the wrappers to the GDI+ plus functions and import that into an assembly project just to see how things worked :mad: :mad: but that is probably the worse solution.
Posted on 2002-05-21 01:57:29 by huh
The C classes do contain some data members as well, so you can't ignore the classes and use the functions directly. However iirc none of the class functions are virtual, which means the class is basically just a structure of data members, which you could easily transform into an asm structure.

Most of the class methods are API wrappers, although some have little additional code. All of this could be done in asm as well if you want to.

The object model NaN and I created can have only virtual functions right now, however the next release will be able to use non-virtual functions. Then, you could convert the C++ classes to asm classes and use them in asm in almost the same way as in C++... That would be pretty nice :)

Thomas
Posted on 2002-05-21 05:27:55 by Thomas
I guess this is a bit off-topic... but I never managed to learn the use of, or even what are, virtual functions.
Posted on 2002-05-21 08:28:51 by AmkG