We are planning to make a product demo and have a couple of dilemas about which development environment to jump into. Demo is kind of complex and other than GUI, will have a lot of computations and I/Os. One of the options is to use Iczelion MASM32 with all its paraphernalias (qedit, libs, headers etc.), but question is if we have a rights to do, and if we do what would be our obligations.

Why we didn't go with MSVS or SDK, some other time.

Regards,
rancho.
Posted on 2002-05-24 18:50:02 by rancho
rancho,

The question is more than adequately answered in the licence agreement attached to MASM32. All of the included software is copyright and it allows you to use the software and sell what you write yourself with no restrictions on your OWN code.

No part of MASM32 may be redistributed, sold or included in any form of commercial software, this includes the libraries, include files, binaries and any other facility within MASM32.

Make a point of reading the licence that comes with MASM32, ther is a seperate copy of the Microsoft EULA that handles the rights and responsibilities of the user.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-05-24 22:59:23 by hutch--
Hutch,

Thank you for answer. Even though I read licence agreement, it wasn't clear to me how to categorize the demo, since it wouldn't be sold but shown.

Thanks again.
rancho.
Posted on 2002-05-25 08:15:06 by rancho
rancho,

There is no problem at all if you want to write commercial code that is for sale with MASM32, the package is licenced to do that. The only limitations are on anyone redistributing the package or its components and that is to stop some slimebag from trying to make a buck out of someone elses work, thats why its fully protected by copyright with all of the different software owners that have contributed to it.

Hope you make a buck out of the demo.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-05-25 08:36:36 by hutch--