Sa6ry,

Your code is sometimy, sometime it work, sometime it does not... You are playing with the window reg and it is a natural born bit*h with the way you got it coded. Maybe there is one changed line or two in smurf vesion that may you help down the line.

It don't work properly on Win95b.... I was a trip, i thought it was my imagination.
Posted on 2002-05-26 23:05:16 by cmax

Sa6ry,

Your code is sometimy, sometime it work, sometime it does not... You are playing with the window reg and it is a natural born bit*h with the way you got it coded. Maybe there is one changed line or two in smurf vesion that may you help down the line.

I never siad my code is good.
i just send it here to have your advice.

i know their is something wrong in it , that is why i post it here

but i have a qe.

what is the difference between my code and smurf code !!! who claim he code it up.

any way i will not replay on this subject anymore. it is not a big code hehe.

I just was :confused:
Posted on 2002-05-26 23:24:35 by Sa6ry
Sa6ry,

im sorry. i coded this up i was referring to the fact that after reviewing your code i had coded this up, meaning i used part of what you had and coded it up so it would work.

i stole you code????

i noticed you've put a copywrite on your source you posted. thats rediculous!! your code doesnt do anything special! it didnt even work! dont expect help from me again! period! you are the first person i have ever said that to, so i hope you feel special.

also: dont use the changes i made to YOUR CODE. they are copywrited!!!
Posted on 2002-05-27 00:25:42 by smurf
smurf:
I am Sorrryyyyy man I was so rude. I'm expressing my sorrow to you. hope you accept it . :o , it was so bad from me to tell you that while you are trying to help me . sorryyy again smurf.

btw i was told by lordjulus2001 about this API

To get the name of the exe of a window use:

UINT GetWindowModuleFileName(
HWND hwnd, // handle to window
LPTSTR lpszFileName, // file name buffer
UINT cchFileNameMax // max size of file name buffer
);

also i notice if i send WM_NCDESTROY to the window i want to close instead of WM_CLOSE it will generate less error. maybe no error at all. but it is unclean way to close it :(

hope this may help any .
Posted on 2002-05-30 01:10:39 by Sa6ry
What would you do if you only wanted to STOP the PAINT function of a window that is just about ready to open after the user click the icon....so that the users don't even see a FLASH of that window .... but the windows is really there but you just cant see it....

How would you do this on any process that is about to be opened.....Clean or Dirty it don't matter .... any ideas will help ... I got to find out how to do this very soon so i may have to start a new thread... i am thinking intercept paint of the app window that is about to be opened or put a special mask over it that dont interfer with the desk top but how would you tell windows to do it... The user will know the window is there because the icon is on the bar but the window can not be seen, so......

Thanks
Posted on 2002-06-21 20:26:17 by cmax
I don't know if this going to help or not.

i am just thinking in loud.

what about hooking WM_CREATE

check the application .

if this application is yours.
u send ShowWindow(hWnd,SW_HIDE)
:grin:
Posted on 2002-06-22 22:13:27 by Sa6ry
Maybe I'm off here, But are you trying to terminate the program?
Using the PID you can use the

invoke OpenProcess, PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, NULL, lpid
invoke TerminateProcess, eax, NULL

This will open the process using the process ID and terminate it.
The program will have no time to clean up nor will it get a warning of it being closed, just be terminated.

I don't know if that's what you wanted. That's just what I got out of the topic.

-SiLenCe
Posted on 2002-06-23 00:31:02 by SiLenCe
"open the process using the process ID "

I always wanted to know how to do things by using the process ID instead of just the handle because i think the process ID is the first thing a window get...

"hooking WM_CREATE"

I am new with hooks but i will try this also so i can learn how to build a dll other that using the mouse hook dll... I wonder why Icz have not made a GetMessage or Shell dll. That would be a good tool...Most of us would not know where to start.

Thanks you all for this added info, i think i can come up with at lease half of what i thought could be done, the rest may just fall into place.

Thanks again
Posted on 2002-06-23 03:16:25 by cmax