I am trying to develop some VxD's. Is there a way to asm & link them directly from RadAsm?

I would prefer to modify the "Make" menu list, but I dont seem to understand the numbers in the command box.

Thanks
Posted on 2002-05-26 08:11:46 by sceptor
I haven't done a VxD, but there should be a way. You could post a batch file or makefile and I'll make a dummy project for you with same build settings. The make menu rarely needs to be changed, you should change the project options maybe?
Posted on 2002-05-26 11:05:29 by bitRAKE
The command lines for compiling and linking VxD are somewhat different.

Typ asm compile & link :
c:\masm32\bin\ml /c /coff /Zd /Zf /Zi %1.asm
c:\masm32\bin\Link /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DEBUG /DEBUGTYPE:BOTH /PDB:%1.PDB /PDBTYPE:SEPT %1.obj rsrc.obj

Typ VxD compile & link:
c:\masm32\bin\ml /c /coff /Cx /DMASM6 /DBLD_COFF /DIS_32 %1.asm
c:\masm32\bin\Link /vxd /def:%1.def %1.obj

My problem is, I dont understand what the command numbers mean when you edit the "make" menu. For that matter I dont even know if I am compiling for a debug, or a final release type of file.
Is there somewhere that the command numbers are defined, and have their actions modified or added to?

thanks
Posted on 2002-05-26 15:00:32 by sceptor
Look in 'masm.ini':
[MakeFiles]

0=.rap
1=.rc
2=.asm
3=.obj
4=.res
5=.exe
6=.def
7=.dll
8=.txt
;Number 9 added by Irving W. - For LIB Projects
9=.lib
;Number 10 added by bitRAKE. - For NMAKE Projects
10=.mak
:) Try this masm.ini file:

Posted on 2002-05-26 15:27:35 by bitRAKE
velly nice. I guess I can live with a specific project vs. asmedit's just add a longer menu list LOL.

So what can I read to understand and interpret the format of the command lines, and masm.ini?

Thanks for your help bitRAKE.
Posted on 2002-05-26 15:57:19 by sceptor
The INI docs, of course! :)

I just added another project type because of the new file extension. If you used the DLL extension, then you can just change the project options and create a project tempate to use for VXDs.
Posted on 2002-05-26 16:06:57 by bitRAKE
ya, I caught what you did. I was just lost in the hieroglyphics.

Thanks again.
Posted on 2002-05-26 16:46:27 by sceptor