Hi!

Sorry if i missed messageboard subject but it seemed to be most adequate...

Has anyone of You tried to implement C++ Classes in asm? If so - could You show me some links to articles related to such a problem?

Well... Implemetning a C++ Class shoud be quite similar to dealing with COM objects (because of methods and other stuff) - so i suppose...

On the other hand... The truth is - i'd like to write a 3DS Max plug-in but - if You've ever tried to do it (hope so) - it's a challenge of coding some procedures in the way a C++ does it with Classes. In other words: Max demands writing some base procedures as Classes...

Google dissappointed me :( Or is it a rare topic?

Thanks in advance (i would not want to betray my beloved asm, but this problem is a little bit new to me)

Regards, Mikael
Posted on 2002-05-29 10:00:06 by MikaelC
NaN and I created an object model which you can create objects with in asm, but it's not compatible with C++ so if you really need C++ classes it's of no use to you.

I don't know anything about 3ds plugins, in what form does it want the C++ classes? As the binary form (symbol names, data structure) vary among different compilers.

I think the best solution is writing a C++ framework with calls to asm functions where you need the speed...

Thomas
Posted on 2002-05-29 10:10:32 by Thomas
I believe jaspeth's classes are compatable with MSVC++, perhaps he can confirm this. If so, check the archives, he's posted some extensive source code.
Posted on 2002-05-30 19:01:00 by Ernie
Hi again!

Sorry for a pause (disadvantages of having net in work only).

I have read some sources & documentation (including classes example delivered in masm package).

There are still some things i have to break through. The main problem is i do not use CPP at all - so, i don't know it's working rules too (it's rather a "passive knowledge" - needed to understand all SDKs with examples written in CPP).

Well - thanks for answers and hints. I'll check it (and myself) in practice.

Till next problem!

Regards, Mikael
Posted on 2002-06-04 06:51:09 by MikaelC