Thanks Scronty - didnt know about the outbox thingy

Will I am a bit confused, i tried sending a normal text message but it still didnt go. The local network reported it got to them ok. I wonder if there isnt a problem routing it to the US.

do you have a GSM compatible device or is it a cdma or something else?

i can send almost everywhere else ok
Posted on 2002-06-11 14:43:27 by Terab
Terab, I don't mean to come off like an idiot here but actually I am. ;) How can I tell if it's gsm/cdma/other?

Well I took a minute there to call verizon and ask whether it was gsm or whatever and the guy didn't know. But he did give me the server address so I can send a standard smtp email to my pager (10digitnumber_at_myairmail_com). Hopefully I don't get people trying to write a wardial type program for that, but Hiro and the other mods have done a pretty good job weeding out those kids. :)

Anyways, Terab I'd like to get this to work off your server since you've been pretty cool trying to help me out with this. Unfortunately I know very little about wireless protocols and whatnot so I can't tell you any more info about my pager.
Posted on 2002-06-11 15:17:31 by Will

Terab, I don't mean to come off like an idiot here but actually I am. ;) How can I tell if it's gsm/cdma/other?

Anyways, Terab I'd like to get this to work off your server since you've been pretty cool trying to help me out with this. Unfortunately I know very little about wireless protocols and whatnot so I can't tell you any more info about my pager.

actually i dont know how to tell with a pager, normally a phone says 'gsm' on it :-)

i've spoken to some other people and they also have problems with the US. it turns out that there are not many GSM providers over there (very strange as GSM is much better that cdma and with gprs my phone is connected 24 hours a day to a high speed data link).

Also the GSM providers there dont all have agreements with other gsm providers, which leads me to believe i *might* be having a routing problem to your pager.

but I will NEVER give up, my mission is to send a message to your pager :-)

o and dont worry about not using my service - its just a fun little thing i like playing with, if it never actually pays for itself then so be it :-)
Posted on 2002-06-11 15:23:30 by Terab

...but I will NEVER give up, my mission is to send a message to your pager :-)

o and dont worry about not using my service - its just a fun little thing i like playing with, if it never actually pays for itself then so be it :-)

lol @ that :)

Well I won't give up trying either. Actually my whole goal was just to be able to send myself pages with masm. But now I'm curious about the apps that you've written, and I'd like to see you succeed in sending a message to the US as well.
Posted on 2002-06-11 16:52:30 by Will