Has anyone seen the AMath library from Intel Downloads? It has trig and algebra and other math functions optimized for the SIMD above what FPU can perform. It's free and they give the source (in C but each naked function is inlined with asm anyway)...

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-05-31 04:01:41 by _Shawn
I have something called Intel? Math Kernel Library 5.1, but there is no source code. Do you have a link to the download - Intel's site is a bit of a maze. :)
Posted on 2002-05-31 06:14:42 by bitRAKE
Posted on 2002-05-31 17:42:53 by _Shawn
Thank you! No wonder I couldn't find it. ;)
Very nice package, btw.
Posted on 2002-06-01 01:56:07 by bitRAKE
have something called Intel? Math Kernel Library 5.

Did you try to use it with MASM?
If yes, please, report details or anything you think if matter to use the lib.
Posted on 2002-06-02 06:35:47 by The Svin

Did you try to use it with MASM?
If yes, please, report details or anything you think if matter to use the lib.
Here is the web site:
http://developer.intel.com/software/products/mkl/mkl52/index.htm

No, maybe one day.
Posted on 2002-06-02 11:26:11 by bitRAKE
No, maybe one day

:)
I was just curious if it's compatable with MASM,
or some tricks needed to use it.
Posted on 2002-06-02 15:29:46 by The Svin
Compatible.
You can choose between C calling convention and STDCALL convention, whichever suits you better. But if you plan to distribute something using MKL, you might need to pay Intel. The license for the free distribution seems to prohibit further redistribution.

Side note: My complaint about MKL is that it jumps through multiple wrappers. Nevertheless, this is a good library for a numerical computation oriented person like me. ;) Of course, there are alternatives. But, they are either slower than MKL or have some issues with precision.

Anybody interested in implementing BLAS? I've been working on it for some time, and I think Level 1 is pretty much done. And I did a little bit of work on Level 2. As I see it, there is almost no room to improve the algorithm itself. So I guess this is the time for us, asm programmers, to jump in for better performance. :alright:
Posted on 2002-06-02 16:09:53 by Starless
Starless, sure post what you have and we'll pound away at it. :)

Svin, the whole package seems well documented. The header files would just have to be converted - they appear to be mostly documentation.
Posted on 2002-06-02 16:44:58 by bitRAKE