Being new to assembly, approx. 3 hours =), I was wondering if its possible to convert classes into assembly? And what about all those other great features of C++ and oop? Or is assembly simply just too low-level, concerned only with pushing registers too and fro...

- pho.
Posted on 2002-06-03 12:21:53 by pho
Have a look at Thomas and NaN's Oop model it's in masm32\oop

hope this helps
Posted on 2002-06-03 12:43:22 by Kudos
pho,

You seem to be doing OK with just 3 hours of experience in asm but be careful that you do not try and interpret asm on the assumptions of C++ or OOP theory as you will miss its greatest advantage.

NaN and Thomas have done the work to make OOP viable in asm and Ernie Murphy has done a lot of work to make COM accessable in asm but you need to understand how asm works to construct this type of code.

Hope you do OK with asm.

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-06-03 23:07:25 by hutch--
interesting...
The reason why i dun like c++ and turned to c and asm is because i dun like OOP. Now there is acutally someone that wants oop in asm.. This is gonna be interesting. I suppose that asm is meant to be structured.
Posted on 2002-06-04 08:29:22 by roticv
I like oop as long as it is not over used. In some instances it is logical to use oop but when its used all the time it creates bloatware
Posted on 2002-06-04 08:42:08 by Kudos
There is a time and place for everything ;)

Used with moderations, and proper planning, OOP structured code can be very efficient. But as Kudos has pointed out, alot of the C++ people today make EVERYTHING objects.. like they wish there were programming in Java or something... Its frustrating and extreamly bloated/redundant coding when this happens...

I know, cause im reciently transcribing some C++ bloat to masm... and its not fun... :(

NaN
Posted on 2002-06-04 13:27:22 by NaN
Seems like this is getting out of topic, but I was part of a project( written in Java ) of sending files to ppl ( multiple ways ) and our FTP code was in 4 Classes, too much for me :)

I tend to like C and now I'm leaning closer to asm :)
Posted on 2002-06-04 14:23:56 by gorshing