I want to make a program that will connect to my website, and then enter some text into a guestbook style edit field, then post it. Is this possible? I remember someone showing a lame example of how to spam guestbooks and messageboards on the old win32asm message board. But i don't have the addy to the archives to look for it. Does anyone know how to do this, or have the address to the old messageboard? My program will NOT be used for spamming. I just dont want to deal with email for feedback on my programs.

Thanks.:alright:
Nok.
:stupid:
Posted on 2001-08-11 14:06:34 by Nokturnal
You can use the sockets API to connect to port 80 of the server. Depending on the setup of the CGI program, you can use either a POST request, GET request, or both to accomplish your needs.

Tools:
   • The Sockets API reference
   • Understanding of CGI
   • Understanding of HTTP
   • Knowledge of HTML
Posted on 2001-08-12 22:00:03 by eet_1024
Nokturnal,

for me most of your Questions looks like you code a T R O J A N ! ! !

or why did you ask for ICQ notify & CGI Notify ?
Posted on 2001-08-22 12:32:00 by TrojanHater
you can use wininet.dll, it handles all kinds of http shit (posts etc) so using winsock and reading the http rfc is not needed. lucky you ;)

correct me if i'm wrong
Posted on 2001-08-22 14:02:26 by lifewire
:confused: TrojanHater...why do you care what i program? I AM interested in trojan stuff, but HAVEN'T programmed one or intend anything harmfull from these two functions. ICQ notify interested me because i use ICQ everyday. So i was just curious on how it was done. And what are you talking about CGI Notify? What the hell is the point of that? Let everyone else who visits the website see all your info. You acuse me of stupidity? I take offense to that. Why are you taking interest in what i do anyways? Why don't you use your real name instead of some stupid name like "TrojanHater". What are you afraid of? Why are you hiding? Take your cowaring critisizm and shove it. You have no influence on me and only make me realize how little people know about the subject.

:mad:Kiss my ass...and have a nice day.
Nokturnal
Posted on 2001-08-22 21:20:04 by Nokturnal
Nokturnal: Some guy posted a snippet of this on hiro's site a long time ago come look for it there if it's still there, though it's fairly easy to do. You just need to get the 'POST' arguement of the guestbook, modify it, connect and send. I usually get it via a sniffer though I think you can get it from the address box of your broswer after signing a guest book entry, though it depends on the guestbook I'm not really sure.

TrojanHater: You remind me of martial law.

happy coding,
clip
Posted on 2001-08-23 04:53:59 by clip