A lot of stupid questions again here....
I've noticed that screensavers are started by windows using 3 different commandline parameters:
\p NUMBER1
\c:NUMDER2
\s
NUMBER1 is a handle to the small window, where small screensaver previews display when it's selected from the dropdown list of screensavers in the display properties window.

\s is for the fullscreen preview

\c is for changing screensaver settings, but what does the NUMBER2 mean? I guess it must be a handle, but whose one is it?

How to use all these handles right?
When I tried to make a 'mywndclass' child window of the HANDLE NUMBER1
with WS_CHILD OR WS_VISIBLE style and CS_USEDEFAULT dimentions nothing happaned. I got the handle to my window, but it wouldn't display.
Is .scr somekind of a specific format or is it identical to .exe?
Thanx.
Posted on 2002-06-05 17:17:45 by Vaxon
Well the only question that I can answer off the top of my head is the last one. Screensavers are indeed an .exe file with an extension of .scr. But, to answer your other questions I'll refer you to the search button at the top right part of this board. There have been several threads about this already and in each you'll most certainly find a link to a screensaver masm kit from someone whose name escapes me at the moment. In this kit iirc, are 2 or 3 example screensavers and a tutorial of sorts. Hopefully that'll set you on the right path.
Posted on 2002-06-05 17:44:16 by Will
here

and

here (wotsit)

this should help...

note:
/s to launch the screensaver
/c to configure the screensaver
you should look at win32hlp too
Posted on 2002-06-06 01:36:32 by Vom-bonjour:-()