KetilO: I'm working on a project that uses ID3 tags to read information from MP3 files and did a lot of testing with a Chinese friend of mine. I was afraid I had to use unicode as well but it turned out that wasn't necessary. If your code page is set correctly, there are some kind of special escape characters that make it possible to use extended characters.
I think problems occur because of the wrong character count, with these special characters, number of bytes != number of characters.
Here's a screenshot from a little test program I made. The 'Ascii DrawText' test at the top is printed using DrawTextA. The first list is printed with DrawTextW, but still using the ASCII source string. To print it the string is first converted to unicode, using several codepages (including 0, the default code page)
The second list (black backgrounds) is the same as the first, but with a smaller string (the piece between brackets in the first list), converted to unicode and printed character by character. So to count the actual characters instead of bytes, just convert to unicode and count the unicode chars. However, there was no need to use unicode everywhere.

The first screenshot is from my own machine (using a normal codepage). The second one is from my friend's machine, using a chinese codepage.

Thomas
Posted on 2002-06-10 10:04:36 by Thomas
I guess I found the problem.
I did in this way.
1.Open Radasm
2.Select avicap from right project tree.
3. Assemble it.It assembles ok.
4. When I try to run it says
Executing:
C:\RADASM\Projects\AviCap\AviCap.exe

Make finished.

I debugged your program I put bpx on WinExec what i saw on esp+4 is

C:\RADASM\Projects\AviCap\AviCap.exe

Keep up the good work :alright:
Posted on 2002-06-10 16:24:48 by LaptoniC
Hi LaptoniC

Ahh...I see.
You dont open the project (dbl click on AviCap.rap)
Now I am able to repeat your bug.

Thanks, I will fix it.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-10 17:41:22 by KetilO
Hi Thomas

Thanks for your info. I will create a little test project and play around a little. Maybe it is possible to support double byte charsets.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-10 17:45:00 by KetilO
Hi LaptoniC

I have had a closer look at your problem. AviCap is a RadASM project and cannot be build without opening the project.
Build without a project assumes the resource script is called rsrc.rc. In the AviCap project it is called AviCap.rc. This means that the resources will not be linked into the exe and the exe will not run. The space is ignored by WinExec.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-10 18:30:47 by KetilO

Hi Const.Ex

Double_Byte != Unicode, whats that? I guess I have some studying to do.

Thanks,

KetilO

Hmmm~~~ I just talk about charset,in some domain,Double_byte means Unicode,but in fact Operator system(windows 3.1,win9x,winNT&XP),it <> Ubicode :)
for example,letter "A" in ansi is one byte ,in doubble-byte charset it's one byte too,In Unicode it will be"00 41",and store with"41 00",In Chinese OS,chinese characters always store in ANSI (8-bit)(letter A store like"41"),So I think RadASM can support it like the Program writting by RadASM can support it~~

Thx your hard work for RadASM~~
I think support double-byte(you can deal it like two normal char,people who use it will careful once delete both one) will let the Nice RadASM be international(Like UltraEdit)~~~
Posted on 2002-06-10 19:02:30 by Const.Ex
Nice interface! Kinda like Uemake / UltraEdit, but RadAsm seems better suited for me. Keep up the good work! :cool:
Posted on 2002-06-12 18:25:44 by antecagent
what theme you using?

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-06-12 19:09:27 by _Shawn

what theme you using?

Thanks,
_Shawn

I think it was Aqua,With Edit the Explorer.exe,Shell32.dll,and Comctrl32.dll to replace HardDisk's ICO and Edit some Dialogs.
Posted on 2002-06-12 19:33:50 by Const.Ex
The theme looks good. I'm using ChaNinja Style RC-3 and have changed my boot screen to Evolution. :)
Posted on 2002-06-12 20:18:57 by bitRAKE
KetilO, strange error, the selection bar is still there but text is behind it - only happens on this one file. In the picture you can see that the I in IFNDEF is missing - the whole text is shifted over a character under the selection bar. Let me know if you want me to send you the file.
Posted on 2002-06-13 11:21:09 by bitRAKE
Hi bitRAKE

Very strange. Post or Mail me the file.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-13 12:23:20 by KetilO
Hi KetilO,
It would be nice an option for section. I regged .rap extension to windows and when dblclik, it opens RadASM, but in fact must of the time requires to open at least 1-2 files from project explorer. Can you add an option for adding some file types automatically to AutoLoad list.

Regards,
Posted on 2002-06-13 19:27:40 by cakmak
Hi cakmak

Right click on project browser and select Auto Load on the files you want to autoload on project open. No need to auto autoload or ...
Was it this you were asking?

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-13 21:01:13 by KetilO
Definitely! Everywhere has options:) but I can not find all.:alright:
Posted on 2002-06-13 23:31:59 by cakmak
Hi all

Guess what. I got a homepage! :alright:

_Shawn has been very kind to me and provided me with 20Mb disk space and 10Gb bandwith.

Click on my www button. Nothing much yet, but I am still struggeling with web design.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-14 06:33:47 by KetilO
:grin: I am the 15st Visitor Of your home~~~~
I hope you can place an guestbook there~~~

regards.etc

Const.Ex
Posted on 2002-06-14 08:56:16 by Const.Ex
When pasting large amounts of data into and empty document, the scrollbars don't appear. Switching to another file fixes it.
Posted on 2002-06-14 10:05:14 by Qweerdy
Hi qwerdy

I thought I had fixed that problem. Are you using the latest version? Does it always happend or just once in a while?

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-14 14:30:11 by KetilO
KetiIO,

Nice web page... it's good to be able to get the latest and greatst without scrounging around...

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-06-14 15:51:27 by _Shawn