Hi all,
I would like to download the Core SDK, but since I'm on ISDN and I pay per minute, a friend of mine which has flat rate has offered his help to download it. But on the Microsoft site I see no such big file to download, just an installer.

Is there any URL to download the file "normally"?

If not, my friend has Windows98.. so he could run the "downloader" and install the SDK on his computer.. but could he then send it to me (via CDROM)? Or it can be only installed, and once you want to reinstall it you've to re-download all again? :P

Thank you for any info.

PS: is the DirectX SDK included, or should one download also that one separately? Which other SDK's?
Posted on 2002-06-10 06:11:02 by Maverick
Posted on 2002-06-10 06:29:03 by bazik
Thank you. :)
I failed to find the proper string for the Search function (I used "Core SDK", didn't know of the name PSDK).
Posted on 2002-06-10 06:42:51 by Maverick
Bulianaza,
I'm aware of the relational problems between you and Maverick, but please, try to not behave like this at each encounters with him... moderators tolerated the "heat conversation" in the other thread, but I doubt our team will allow to let transform many posts to full scale war. It is valable for both of you, but I'm sure you two are responsable enough.

Bazik,
Nice, I searched the Platform SDK Update site from MS but it appears to be down... (it happens more or less frenquently) but the direct links to the file works. :alright:

Maverick,
If it is useful to you, I have downloaded the latest platform SDK edition (November 2001, if I remember well) and burnt it to a cd... if you want, I can copy it and send it to you by "conventional mail" this week. (it is freely available, so it is not piracy :grin: )
As we lives in near countries it won't cost me much shipping...

PS : If I remember well, it contains many SDK, including the DX one.
Posted on 2002-06-10 06:44:05 by JCP
Hi ReadioSys :)

Very++ nice from you, but since that good friend of mine (who lives in Austria) has to send me anyway a CDROM with some of his work, and he has no use of his flat rate, that would make no effort for him to fill the CDROM.
I appreciate a lot++ your offer, and it's because I respect it that I want you to avoid this (big or little) hassle. If I didn't have the other, overall simpler option, I would gladly accept your offer. :)

About the other thing, I do apologize for my temperament, but that's the way it is and sometimes it shows up. I think you can agree that usually I'm very polited and equilibred in my interventions, but sometimes I think that enough is enough (expecially when someone attacks a newbie, because those normally don't defend themselves, feeling someway "inferior" on the forum) and the nukes start. :grin:
Of course I've no interest on saying anything more to buliaNaza, if he doesn't exploit every occasion he gets to make his silly attempts to provocations that fail to really provoke me at all but just insist on convincing me that he's a little kid.

I'm anyway really sorry for you all about the worsened signal to noise ratio, I'll just shut up, it would be silly and immature to mess with such a kid, he's innocuous.
Posted on 2002-06-10 07:01:30 by Maverick
hi Maverick

directx 8.1 SDK is sperated.

and could be downloaded from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/dx/8.1/W982KMeXP/EN-US/DX81SDK_FULL.exe

it is about 165 MB.

btw i liked
so much.

nice to meet a person like you.
sorry i am not sure if it is offered with PSDK too or not
Posted on 2002-06-10 07:29:35 by Sa6ry
Maverick,
in wich country do you live?
Posted on 2002-06-10 07:31:30 by bazik
This thread has fascinated me, how is it is a forum for "grown up" programmers that we keep getting this childish sh*t in here ?

I think I safely say that all concerned can code well so there is little point in having a "manual manipulation of ones unmentionables" competition. :tongue:

How about everyone concerned treating each other like human beings and stop this squabbling like kiddies, otherwise we will have to supply hankerchiefs so that they can learn to blow their noses like the big kids.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-06-10 09:17:11 by hutch--
When I delete something, I don't do it to add it to my private collection. This seems like kindergarten. Oh it's fun you know, after I clean up the house I have to come and clean up here.

If either of you has a problem with each other just avoid each other, nobody is forcing you to post in this thread.

And let the interpretation of the rules be done by the mods, it's their task to do so.
Posted on 2002-06-10 16:12:38 by buliaNaza
Dunno how it happened, but a post of mine disappeared from this thread. It said more or less this (reposting it):

Thanks Sa6ry, I've added the URL to the d/l list. :) Thank you also for your other comment. :)

Hi bAZiK: currently I live in Italy.
Posted on 2002-06-10 16:29:09 by Maverick
my fault, sorry. I checked 1 too many I guess :/
Posted on 2002-06-10 16:30:08 by Hiroshimator
To Bulianaza (post lost)

I don't say Maverick is an angel on this affair... he was a bit rude with The Svin too, but what I don't want is to contaminate the other threads with a problem on a single one...

We do not care about personal relationship, we are not a marital agency... most people here are strong and old enough to talk (or fight) by private mail if they want to...

Personaly, I talked (a bit) with Maverick by mail few weeks ago, and he seems a nice guy...
Now, it doesn't influence my "moderator duties" in any way... if it was, I would have said something that "let's flame or ban BuliaNaza"... I don't, and I think I acted with you the same as I did with him.
What I want is everybody (including you, of course) can post here if possible, and in a friendly atmosphere...

One must be two to dance the tango, and I don't forget that... but if everytime Maverick posts something, you counterattack, it will never stop and we simply can't let flamewars damage the friendly atmosphere from the board...

I see you quoted something about the rules, here is my quote from them :

Members will treat each other with mutual respect and will not fight in the open about personal affairs. While sometimes a difference of opinion can heat up a discussion: stay mature and treat each other with respect, this rule goes for public posts as well as private messages.

Sure, the original post to all this mess isn't really a good example to it, but now, this thread is somewhat dead (and if it is not and continues to only hosts fights, I will close it) and I think to the future posts rather than the old ones...

If you or Maverick (or anybody else) has an harsh attitude in the future... we will see what to do... but as for now, counters are reset to zero and I just hope to not see any open-fightings featuring you two again... ;-)
Posted on 2002-06-10 16:38:58 by JCP
Readiosys
Thanks, take it easy.;)

Hiroshimator,
I desagree with your decision and I leave the board.
Unfortunately I'm not a kid and I saw this is not a place for me.
Please delete my account.
Sorry...
Posted on 2002-06-10 17:05:34 by buliaNaza
Hi ReadioSys.. you wrote:

<< One must be two to dance the tango, and I don't forget that... but if everytime Maverick posts something, you counterattack, it will never stop and we simply can't let flamewars damage the friendly atmosphere from the board... >>

As I wrote some posts above, for respect to the forum I'll shut up if I get provoked. It doesn't matter to me anyway. When you will feel an excess in the signal to noise ratio you have the means to eventually stop it anyway.

I just wish that in the rules (that I should follow more strictly, I admit) the following may be included: "newbies have to be treated with the same dignity of the most skilled coders". It's easy to get the blood in boiling temperature otherwise, at least for me. We all were newbies and we owe much to the patience and respect of those that listened to us at that time, rather than recalling us how much we s*cked and how much they ruled. I think it's of extreme importance for the atmosphere of the forum.
Posted on 2002-06-10 17:37:41 by Maverick
and if you miss it at six you can always catch it at eleven
Posted on 2002-06-10 22:07:27 by grv575
Hard Core SDK!!!

:)
Posted on 2002-06-10 22:33:33 by Brad
Maverick,

============================
I just wish that in the rules (that I should follow more strictly, I admit) the following may be included: "newbies have to be treated with the same dignity of the most skilled coders". It's easy to get the blood in boiling temperature otherwise, at least for me. We all were newbies and we owe much to the patience and respect of those that listened to us at that time, rather than recalling us how much we s*cked and how much they ruled. I think it's of extreme importance for the atmosphere of the forum.
============================

Thanks for the sheer sensibility of your comment, we in fact try and keep the forum so that is is newbie friendly as we all have been newbies in the past. We do get the odd abrasive individual who tries to make life difficult for ther newbies but we have been able to weed them out reasonably quickly thanks to the team of moderators we have.

We don't live in a perfect world so we cannot garrantee that the forum will always be "idiot free" but we do our best to keep it friendly and I think that most of the members appreciate this.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-06-11 00:48:41 by hutch--