I want to ensure my program working in Windows 95, nt, 2000 and xp, especially the position of the frame controls. Could anyone help ?

The program is a GDI stuff which replacing the existing windows titlebar.

I had attached the souce code of the program in the LATER post.
Posted on 2002-06-10 14:34:14 by yoursguideline
It looks really good ! It seems to work on Windows 98SE except after you click on the left side of the title bar to make the system menu appear. If you click on the title bar again, the color of the right side changes (see the picture).
Posted on 2002-06-10 14:52:07 by Dr. Manhattan
i get no changes to your custom made titlebar in windows xp. it looks like a normal titilebar.
Posted on 2002-06-10 14:55:53 by smurf
the same result as Dr. Manhattan
on win98 with the same bug he mention.

but the customize toolbar disappear totally when another window come above yours(sometime) . and this happened after i max it (sometime).
and it return customized again if you click on it. or move it.
i cann't figure when it do this .

attached after a window come above it.
Posted on 2002-06-10 15:19:59 by Sa6ry
Looks normal enough... Black blended to Very Dark Red.

However, it takes about 5 secs to show itself on windows 98SE (as well as maximize, and restore). I've seen simular happenings before, and it turned out that it was not a release compile and has debug info in it. Why this affected things i never did know.. but it was about as sluggish..

NaN
Posted on 2002-06-10 22:33:39 by NaN
No changes on WinNT SP 5 :(

Plus the attached image after I close the program

Greets YaWNS aka Stefan K.
Posted on 2002-06-11 02:37:57 by YaWNS
See nothing custom here.... Win2K, SP2, tested during worktime :)
Posted on 2002-06-11 02:45:11 by bazik
Wow, there's a lot of bugs: :(

1. you click on the left side of the title bar to make the system menu appear. If you click on the title bar again, the color of the right side changes (reported by Dr. Manhattan)

2. not work in WinNT, SP5

3. not work in W2K, SP2

I am working on the bug #1, spending 5 hours still not find the solution and where the program got wrong. I hope someone can help me to fix.

Of course it is welcome to fix more bugs and optimize.
This project is free to everyone.
Posted on 2002-06-11 05:15:55 by yoursguideline
I did a short look over your source.
A few suggestions:
Create the Window without a titlebar (think WS_CAPTION will do it), create a static control with the system color for titlebar, re-create the three buttons for minimize, maximize and close (either with bitmaps or better with the font microsoft uses... something starting with "M" I think). For moving, handle the WM_LBUTTONDOWN message of the static control and use this code:

elseif uMsg==WM_LBUTTONDOWN
invoke PostMessage, hWin, WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, HTCAPTION, lParam

Only thing to do then, is to display the icon (perhaps with another static and SS_IMAGE message), setting the correct area for the main window (titlebar must act as a "separet" one. Something with ClientRect?!) and last but not least, show the system menu when clicking on the Icon. I am sure their is a SC_* Message for that.

Perhaps you already did some of the stuff I suggested... didnt look over your entire code, because I am quite busy here. Hope this helps you on your development!

Would be nice if you make a *real* custom control out of it and post it in the source code forum then! That's the stuff wich drives our board!

Thanks in advance and good luck with that project,
bAZiK

P.S.: Some of the tricks I suggested are already discussed here on the forum. You will find them using the search feature. :)
Posted on 2002-06-11 06:59:29 by bazik
Hi,

I had tested your program in school (just finished an english exam, and then went to the computer pool) and some hours later while surfing the net I got this message again.

So it does not have to do anything woth your program, but just due to the fu**ing st*pid admins there.

However the titlebar didn't change :(

Greets YaWNS aka Stefan K.
Posted on 2002-06-11 11:58:42 by YaWNS
Be clam...

I found another bug:
- the caption flicker while resizing

Could anyone solve? I think the problem occur in processing WM_NCPAINT.
Posted on 2002-06-11 12:18:38 by yoursguideline
about the caption flickering, i got the messages sent to the program in order.

WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE
WM_SIZING
WM_SIZING
WM_SIZING
WM_SIZING
WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING
WM_NCCALCSIZE
WM_NCPAINT
WM_ERASEBKGND
WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED

Will the WM_NCCALSIZE cause flickering?
Posted on 2002-06-12 00:43:09 by yoursguideline
I had solved the flickering problem. Does anyone have idea(s) to solve the bug #1, without using baZik solution, but by processing the WM_NCXXX messages.
Posted on 2002-06-13 10:49:49 by yoursguideline
I'm using XP Pro with skinning on. When I run your program I see a normal skinned window except for the fact there's no transparency. When I resize it (also with maximize/minimize) the style just disappears, and I'm left with a boring plain window :(
Posted on 2002-06-13 11:54:31 by Qweerdy
no more effects in windows XP?
Posted on 2002-06-15 22:28:07 by Const.Ex
I had fixed a lot of bugs, but i found that the bug #1 only happen in win98se.

Could anyone help me to check on different platforms again, and fix the bug #1?

It is welcome for opinions, optimization etc.

The program is updated !! (fix the bitRake reported problem in WinNT SP5 -- see the second post after this message)
Posted on 2002-06-17 09:12:48 by yoursguideline
I'm running win2k sp2...
except for the color there's no difference to my normal window title bars...see attached image
Posted on 2002-06-17 09:24:12 by MArtial_Code
Looks the same on WinNT SP5, but I get this at close:
Posted on 2002-06-17 09:38:36 by bitRAKE
This time only have little bug.....
when push the minisize button untile window be minisized it looks like that(the button's position looks stange)

Const.Ex Attach the image:
Posted on 2002-06-18 05:00:06 by Const.Ex
How's the customs title bar supposed to look anyway?
Posted on 2002-06-18 09:26:33 by MArtial_Code